Exercising daily - now my knees are sore?

Hey all!

I've gotten back into the exercise and diet routine for the first time in about 2-3 years. I exercise 6 days a week. I do Body Pump 3 times a week, then a mix of cardio fitness classes and treadmill the remaining 6 days.

I've noticed lately that my knees are starting to feel a little sore. It could be the way I squat in Body Pump, or the high impact of Body Attack, I don't know.

I especially noticed it on Saturday night when trying to get low to Flo Rida's 'Get Low' on the dance floor (LOL), it really hurt!

My question is I guess, has anyone else noticed this? Is it just my body adjusting to exercise? Or should I not be experiencing this and there's something wrong with my technique/form?

Replies

• Thanks everyone - If anyone cares for an update, I did Pump last night and in the squat track, I focused on my squat form rather than how many I can do. I realised I wasn't squatting properly but have now figured out the correct form :smile: It'll take me a while to get pro at it, but at least I know it was the squats that were hurting my knees.