1200 calorie open diaries?

I would love to make some new friends who have open diaries and are trying to stay with a 1200 calorie diet. Some days I find it somewhat easy and other days I really struggle so I would love some new ideas!

Replies

• My diary is open. 1210
  • my diary is open feel free to add me 1200
  • My diary is 1200 :)
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    arditarose wrote: »
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    If you're using the 1200 calorie limit set automatically by MFP for a "2 lb a week" weight loss with a sedentary lifestyle, it might not be necessary for you.

Best bet is to find out your TDEE. You can customize your calorie and macro goals on MFP.

Hi! I'm new to this- just 5 days in. MFP set my calorie goal automatically to 1200 calories. I'm having a little trouble adjusting my meals to that and I think I'm always around 100 calories more.

What exactly is a TDEE?

TDEE= Total Daily Energy Expenditure, the amount of calories you eat to maintain your current weight. You can subtract a certain percent from this (10-20%) and eat that amount every day to lose weight. But you do not eat your exercise calories back, exercise is included in this method.

Thanks! I didn't see the response!

@brainymedstudent , to calculate your TDEE, there are several websites you can look at. You can do a quick Google Search for "TDEE Calculator" or a couple that I've used in the past is: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ or http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Then, once I have my TDEE, I customize my calorie and macro (fat, protein, fiber, etc) goals by going into "Goals" and click "Edit" under "Daily Nutrition Goals".

Let me know if you have any questions.
  • I'm at 1200 and am looking to connect with others who have similar health goals- please add me if u r into clean eating, daily fitness, maintaining healthy weight...you get the idea.
  • Add me :smile:
  • Add me too :) I try to eat 80% paleo
  • Love to share my diary as well!
  • Unless you're severly obese, there is no need for a 1,200 calorie diet! Fuel yourselves!
  • Hello all! Just inn...nd learning d customization. My diary is available for frnds. Limit is 1200 cal with wt loss goal.
    would like some good ideas for light dinner :smile:
  • I have mine set for 1,500 but average around 1,200! Would love to be added!
  • Can I look too??
  • My diary is open to the public. Feel free to look.