Just started, have over 100 pounds to lose.

Hi my name is Holly. Six years ago I got clean from crack. During my first year of sobriety I gained 100 pounds. I kept telling myself that I would stop. I would say "I will stop when I gain 10 pounds" then it was "I will stop before I reach 200" but I didn't stop and little by little I started to hate myself. Then i started saying "well at least its not crack" and laugh like i was fine...I have always had bad knees and ankles but now I can hardly walk. Three days ago I made a decision to live and not just live but be healthy and happy. So far it is going really well. I have been keeping my calorie intake at about 1300 and I've lost 4 pounds. I just wanted to introduce myself because I never reach out for help. I've always been too ashamed. I feel different this time. I feel proud of myself. I'm just a little overwhelmed with the amount of weight I have to lose. I know I'm supposed to set smaller short term goals but its still a little terrifying.
PS I started this 3 times and it kept disappearing so if I accidentally submitted this before please just disregard it.

Replies

• Thank-you and congratulations on losing 41 pounds. that is awesome. I just can't wait to get into double digits lol
  • Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Hi Holly!! You sound *kitten* awesome girl! I'm proud of you too! I also want to lose 70 pounds and it also feels overwhelming! Thanks for sharing your story, it is truly inspiring!!!:)