Low calorie popcorn toppers

Looking for low calorie, flavorful sprinkles, drizzles and stir ins for popcorn. Please share your ideas!

Replies

• I also use a butter flavored cooking spray helps to keep the toppings on. :)
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    chili powder cocoa powder
  • Spray butter and cayenne ...i love my spice!
  • Nutritional yeast flakes! I know it sounds weird but honestly, it is really simple, nutritious and tasty -it will make your popcorn taste cheesy. I love "smartfood" brand popcorn and the nutritional yeast on popcorn satisfies in the same way :)
  • swirlybee wrote: »
    Here's a recipe for Dorito-flavored seasoning that's healthy:

5 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper.

Mix together and sprinkle on top of popcorn. Each tbsp of nutritional yeast is about 20 calories and it's what gives this mix the cheesy, Dorito flavor. This recipe is enough for 5 servings.

• O that looks sooo good! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • I buy the little bags of Orvil Redenbacher Naturals in Lime and salt. So good. You could make it yourself though if you wanted. Just a little fresh squeezed lime juice mixed with a little butter and salt.
    Also one that is good is cumin and a little butter and a touch of cayenne pepper. It's like taco seasoning but without all the excess salt.
    Spenda and butter would be great to mimic the kettlecorn flavor they sell in stores.
    To make even lower cal you could sub the butter for margarine though.
  • I use I can't believe it's not butter spray and then use some seasonings. Flavorgod has some good stuff
  • Kernel's seasoning
    About 10 different kinda tasts and just a few calories.

rqegf80kyl7r.jpg

This is what i use, along with spray butter or an olive oil mister to get the seasoning to stick better.

Other options are
    chipolte seasoning
    curry seasoning
    or...one of my favorites:

kraft-macaroni-&-cheese-topping-3-oz-12CT.jpg