Help with depression.

So things were rough the last few years. I've made a lot of progress, but it's like now I just feel like my body is holding me back. Doing one little thing takes all of my energy. My balance sucks. Getting out of a chair takes such effort.

In y'all's experience, when you lose weight does it make things a lot easier psychologically just because you can actually do the things you feel like doing without feeling like you're dieing?

Replies

• I am on meds that slow everything..including weight loss due to heart issues..I am fine with that..depression had never been a huge problem for me until just recently. My mother, whom I was very close to even though we were far apart, died after a brief illness..I made it home 4 days before she passed and spent most of those time at her hospital bed. I am struggling immensely with the void this has left..my sister has turned to food..I go the opposite way..I don't want to eat, don't want to move...just want to stay in bed..on a good day I get in 1100 calories..on a bad 500... I know..this isn't helping me...I'm just trying to get over her passing...mothers day will be hard.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your days become easier. Be good to yourself.