GYM-FREE SUCCESS STORIES, PLEASE :)

Unknown
edited April 2015 in Success Stories
Hello there!

I'm loving that the weather is warming up, and with that said, at the end of the day I find myself leaving an office and not wanting to step foot inside a gym just to miss out on more fresh air. That being said, I've done crossfit (1.5years+) and while it made me strong, it didn't do much for me as far as weight loss. I am 5'1" and 205lbs... I'd like to lose 75-80#, or even better, just fit into a size 9 jean and a medium shirt again.

So I know I have the ability to work hard, I just would love to hear stories of women who have lost weight gym free and 'at home DVD' free... (I tend to plop down and fast forward through the parts I don't want to do.... yea... I know, lol).

I like to walk my dogs, I've just started riding my bicycle again, and I can jog/walk some too as needed (bad feet = intense pain when running).

Any advice, and again, sucess stories and photos of those who have had success just being active would be wonderful!!

Thanks!!

Replies

• You ladies are great!!
    I've been packing my lunches and eating within my calories for the last two weeks, but hadn't logged anything, and realized I was snacking a lot in the afternoon and that had to be throwing me off. So back to logging it is! It's literally the only thing that's worked for me, i just have to quit letting it drift off and feeling like i can just magically keep it up without the accountability.

I have been more active too.... heck even on this past Saturday before knowing i would be on my feet at the restaurant for 12 hours, the hubbs and I went on a 10 mile bike ride, just for extra credit! I have been riding the bike more for sure, but the scale keeps going up. So i tucked the scale away for the next few months, and am focusing just on staying active and logging my food/exercise here... hopefully the clothes start to fit better soon! I know I feel much better.... canceling cable was definitely one of the best moves I could do!!!
  • I lost more weight doing 1200 calories per day (no gym) than I did in 2 years at the gym. 37 lbs!
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I don't use a gym (cost plus my nearest one is an hours drive round trip), I run/strength train and use youtube for free workouts - Jessica Smith is among my favourites but I've also done 30 day Shred (Jillian Michaels), Hasfit and Fitness Blender workouts. I lost 20lbs two years ago and got to my goal weight, dropped 3 dress sizes and all without going to a gym :smiley:
    I am consistent at my workouts - 6 days a week 70-90 mins/ average 20000 steps/10 miles a day.
  • I'm not a Beach Body Coach or anything but P90X, Insanity, and P90 are a God-send for me.

Sometimes I supplement them with Jillian Michaels.

Gym is too expensive.