Whats a good routine

To start maintaining on.
How many days should I work out?

Should I still have cheat days?

I'm only 8 pounds a way from my goal weight.

Replies

• sijomial wrote: »
    To start maintaining on.
    How many days should I work out?
    The right number of days to suit your long term health, fitness and strength goals (+ enjoyment!)

Should I still have cheat days?
    No your husband will be very upset if he finds you cheating! :smile:
    More seriously you need to find a way to fit in social events involving food, meals out, vacations, holidays and just eating for pleasure. Personally I would call that enjoying life and enjoying food rather than cheating.
    That may be viewing your calorie budget on a weekly basis and/or giving yourself a reasonable maintenance weight range to allow for fluctuations.

I'm only 8 pounds away from my goal weight.
    Well done - you should be trying to lose those last few pounds slowly. Good practice for maintenance.

^^ this.

i don't consider eating rich foods as "cheating" rather than just enjoying life. one bad meal won't undo all the hard work but don't make that bad meal a habit. my husband and i have started a fancy dinner once a month thing and we eat within reason (still no grains) but i even order dessert! and until now, i haven't had dessert since 2012. i consider this living :)

i workout every day because i enjoy exercise. when you enjoy something, it's not a chore.
  • My plan is to eat 1800 Cals a day. workout 3 times a week.