C-section mummy's!!

To any mums that's have had a csection. I've now had 2, most recent was 6 weeks ago. What exercise did you start doing and when? Not sure if I should just keep to walking at the moment ?

Replies

• My doctor told me walking and moving were really important for the healing process. Obviously not at a quick pace though. The very next day after mine, I was walking my breast milk to the NICU for my twins, every 3 to 4 hours. It wasn't a terribly long distance, but enough to make my legs really sore since I had been on strict bedrest for 8 weeks. I agree with others check with your doctor on what is best for you. :)
  • i walked as much as I could for the first 6-8 weeks, tried running around 7 weeks but it really hurt and set my healing back. 8-10 weeks i gradually started jogging and doing Zumba and then after 10 weeks added weight lifting. abs and planks still would hurt and that took a while to build up gradually. I worked out through my pregnancy so i was extremely frustrated in myself when i had to do things gradually but have patience and you'll work back up to things:)