Breakfast recipies wanted!

Leave your favorite breakfast recipies under 400 cals!! Thanks guys!

Replies

• One avocado cut in half, sprinkled with lemon juice and topped up with ricotta and cherry tomatoes.
    Delicious
  • 1 cup Stonyfield low fat French vanilla yogurt
    1/2 cup Special K low fat granola
    1/4 cup fresh raspberries or blueberries
  • Avocado on wholemeal toast with a poached egg and cherry tomatoes (my current favourite)
    Any shashuka recipe (there are tonnes if you google it)
    My favourite pancake recipe: http://www.veggiesbycandlelight.com/whole-wheat-greek-yogurt-pancakes/
    Porridge with peanut butter and golden syrup (it's so filling, it's worth being a few over the 400cal mark)
  • Oooh, and this: http://www.acedarspoon.com/strawberry-banana-peanut-butter-chocolate-quesadilla/ (I ate a lot of these when I live far away from work and had to eat and drive at the same time...)
  • Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Blend used to be one of my favorite prepared potatoes to use as a side dish for breakfast. The version I made from scratch today is approximately 10% less calories and about 15% of the sodium!

John's Version:
    10oz Yukon Gold Potatoes
    4-5oz Onion, diced (1 medium)
    1 tsp Garlic Pepper Seasoning
    1 TBS Butter

Slice potatoes to 1/4" slices and roast at 425 for 20-25 minutes until golden, turning once. Chill for at least 30 minutes.

Melt butter and add diced onions and sautee 4-5 minutes until onions about 1/2 cooked.

Dice chilled potatoes.

Add potatoes and seasoning to onions and sautee until onions are tender and both potatoes and onions are a bit charred. Serve immediately.

2 servings, 170 calories and 150mg sodium. Simply potatoes are about 200 calories for this size serving and 1000mg sodium, and mine taste better!!

For some added bulk, we've added some diced zucchini. You can double the portion for about 20 more calories, and they add a nice hint of sweetness to the dish.
  • Beans on Toast.

Heinz reduced salt and sugar beans, 1 slice of burgen bread.

Approx. 380 Calories, and nearly 25 grams of complete protein.

Sometimes the simplest ideas are often the best :smile:
  • I like to make coconut flour pancakes, egg white French toast, egg muffins and overnight oats!

Egg muffins:
    (Makes 6 - approx. 103 calories each)
    5 eggs
    6 slices of pre-cooked bacon
    Desired veggies (I used green pepper and red onion)
    1/4 of milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk)

- Preheat oven to 400°F
    - Line baking muffin tray with bacon strips
    - Mix 5 eggs in a bowl with milk
    - Pour eggs into the muffin tray space
    - Place chopped up veggies into the egg mixtures
    - Place in the oven for 18-20 minutes
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Two egg whites and one whole egg, scrambled with a big ol' handful of spinach. Add mushrooms if you like.

This has been my 6 day a week, go-to breakfast. All that might change after tomorrow, when I try those egg and banana pancakes, though!!!
  • Oooh, and this: http://www.acedarspoon.com/strawberry-banana-peanut-butter-chocolate-quesadilla/ (I ate a lot of these when I live far away from work and had to eat and drive at the same time...)

How many calories are these???? They look amazing...
  • I'll have to try them breakfast burritos.