Your questions, hypotheses, and curiosities?

13»

Replies

• sofaking6 wrote: »
    I wonder if bacteria control us.

Hahahaha this evoked some fun images in my mind.

The more I hear about how our gut biomes affect our mood and thoughts and hunger and health, the more I wonder...are they just managing our bodies for their own purposes? NEFARIOUS purposes, of course.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    sofaking6 wrote: »

gut_bacteria_food_craving.gif

• Hornsby wrote: »
    2. Alcohol is poison to the body and the first thing to be evacuated from the body when drank. I do not believe it is processed/metabolized the same way in the body and the calories shouldn't count as 1:1.

I like to believe this theory.

• Liquid calories do not count the same as solid calories.

Let me have my fantasy please.
  • Liquid calories do not count the same as solid calories.

Let me have my fantasy please.

They are at least double, lol Maximum absorb-ability
  • Question, when we ladies get extra hungry around our cycle, is our TDEE actually higher for a few days?

Maybe it's because our bodies are gearing up to replace the blood & iron lost at that time?

That makes sense :)
  • Once again awesome thread, girlviernes. It was from a couple days ago, but I laughed about the question of contention on MFP boards being hanger. I always wondered about that, too!! Interesting to see all the internet is contentions, though. :/ And also from earlier.... alcohol. Don't understand it. Evidently, the thermic effect is quite high, such that bodies reap only 5 kcal/g vs. the 7kcal/g generally cited, but even THAT discount does not fully explain human observations.
  • ETA: I also wondered if roids might be underlying some of the aggression :o

That's awesome, I want to print that out and put it on my fridge for some reason. Or, on the fridge at work....
  • ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    ETA: I also wondered if roids might be underlying some of the aggression :o

I think I'm supposed to be a mean poster (at least I got a random email telling me that one time), so I will state unequivocally that I have never used 'roids. My lean body mass supports me on that.

;-)

I'm so glad people are talking about the gut micro-biome on here!! I wonder if some people with really fierce sugar and carb cravings have candida overgrowth.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    OH btw I saw an article this morning about some clinic out east that will pay you for your poop if the fauna are right. I think it was like $40 per grumpy!

ETA: ta-da! (plop) http://www.openbiome.org/stool-donation/