Struggling to do this everyday. Tips anyone?

tried on and off to do this. Only worked when I was unemployed. Now back in a busy job, I don't seem to find time. How do you all manage?

Replies

• Use the app on your phone or just write down what you eat throughout the day on paper and log it when you get home. Or you can pre-log your food for the day and stick with your choices. I find that I do well if I plan my meals and log them before eating. Then I can see how it looks and make changes as needed. Good luck! You can do this!
    Thank you. I'll try this.
  • Wow, well I didn't expect such a huge response. There's some really helpful tips in there, thank you.
    There's also some not so nice people who felt the need to be rude. That's disappointing, they must get off on making people feel bad.
    I have always resisted planning of meals, as it's the only spontaneous bit of my life left. As a working and studying single mother, EVERYTHING is planned and organised. I see this will help, so I'll do it. Thanks to all the nice positive people out there who left comments. I'm off to do lots of planning and logging of my meals.
  • You just have to make time! I find meal prepping helps a lot. I gather a meal plan of what I'm going to make for the week, meals and snacks included. Make a grocery list of what I need and every Saturday me and the hubby go to the store and every Sunday we make our meals for the week, labeling his/hers. We freeze most of the weeks meals and just pull them from freezer to fridge as we need them. I also try to workout around the same time every day. I have a weekly calendar schedule I follow for workouts and meals. Organization helps a lot for me. Good luck ;)
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    acorsaut89 wrote: »
    lbedilion wrote: »
    Nobody is finding time, you have to MAKE time. If you're serious about getting in shape, then you will MAKE time to eat better, exercise, and log into MFP if that helps. It's not easy, but you have to stick with it and be dedicated in order to see results. Sounds cliche, but it's true. Good luck!

So True! It's easy to be lazy and make excuses. Been there done that. Now my mind is set and I'm all in this, making the time to get it done!! It gets easier as time goes by too.
  • You just have to make time! I find meal prepping helps a lot. I gather a meal plan of what I'm going to make for the week, meals and snacks included. Make a grocery list of what I need and every Saturday me and the hubby go to the store and every Sunday we make our meals for the week, labeling his/hers. We freeze most of the weeks meals and just pull them from freezer to fridge as we need them. I also try to workout around the same time every day. I have a weekly calendar schedule I follow for workouts and meals. Organization helps a lot for me. Good luck ;)

Thanks for the tip. I do try. I did it today. Planned it all out. I will work on being more disciplined!
  • I don't actually plan my meals. I have a collection of recipes that I know will be ok for me and HSpoon to have, and we'll pick one that sounds good that night. It takes a while to build up a stack of recipes that you like, but once you do, you can still be spontaneous about your meals and be within your calorie goals.