If you saw the person above in a coffee shop, what would you do?

Replies

• Soooo...whathca drinking?
  • Tea in a coffee shop.
  • hi....ur presence makes .....my coffee sweet without sugar ..
  • I'm a tea fan myself. Chai specifically. You're tea preference?
  • Love chai!
  • Yep, chai drinker...not the hipster chai though. Too aromatic for my taste, I like my chai a bit strong
  • Haha - what is hipster chai?
  • Ask him if he has seen lori.
  • Lol. I am not sure myself, all those with loads of spices, flower infusions...the stuff you get at Teavana?
  • i really don't drink coffee, so rarely would you find me in a shop. But i would be polite and say hello
  • i dont drink coffee too..so you cant find me in coffee shop
  • Ah, say no more. I now understand hipster chai. For a while I was making my own mix. Black tea, pepper, cinnamon, cardamon, and a little ginger. I think it was a pretty classic chai mix, but now that I describe the fact that I used to buy the ingredients and mix it myself, it seems a little hipster. But it seemed a lot more legit at the time.
  • Nah, the one with cinnamon and cardamom is quite the original chai. Adding ginger is a variation though. I usually just use loose black tea and milk, with the occasional cardamom at times. Let it brew and boil for some time on low flame. I actually cook my chai (for a lack of better term), takes about 10 mins at least, longer if it's for more than one person.

How do you prepare your chai?
  • Buy her a cup of her choosing
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Tea ball. Steeped in half a mug of boiled water for 5 minutes, then top it off with milk and sugar. I likes it a little sweet. Now that we've had this whole coffee shop conversation, I'd offer to buy you a biscotti.
  • Haha, thanks for the biscotti. I'm pretty serious about my tea most times. You should try adding the tea to the boiling water (in a pot) and adding milk in it and letting the whole thing boil once more. Tastes a lot different (better too in my opinion)

IMG_20140628_143924934_HDR.jpg?_subject_uid=113913842&w=AADveq5bQP9WT5hxjVAZQXk9-9iqKvCkMysjOeXph_vgGw
  • I don't believe everything I'm told on the Internet, but, I'll give this a go. You seem like a trustworthy source, at least with regards to tea preparation.
  • Oh man, now my reputation is at stake! Let me grab the proper recipe I've got written somewhere. LOL, there's all this matter about water/milk quantity.

• why give her a cookie of course
  • Yes, because if I prepare it with my own guesses of the water to milk ratio and get it wrong, I'd blame you, and tarnish your reputation. If this is not at least as good as my previous attempts at chai, you'll never make a tea recommendation in this town again!