The 40-Something Club

I am 43 and have about 43lbs to lose! Hoping to get motivation from some other 40 somethings to kick this into gear.

Anyone?

Replies

• cjsacto wrote: »
    ok I created The 40-Something Club group!! It's a public group so please join and we can continue our discussion there.

It was a little hard to find so I thought I'd share the link for Erinleigh13's 40 Something Club group:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105750-the-40-something-club

Thanks for setting that up! I posted a couple of weeks ago, but I'm 45 and I've lost 12 lbs so far... but I have a good 50 to go. I keep changing my mind about my final goal weight but I know it's a ways away.

You're right, it was a little hard to find. I found it, but thanks for posting the link for others.

Good job on the 12 pounds and keep up the good work.

Sorry about that!! I tried to send invites out to everyone but may not have included all!

• cjsacto wrote: »
    ok I created The 40-Something Club group!! It's a public group so please join and we can continue our discussion there.

It was a little hard to find so I thought I'd share the link for Erinleigh13's 40 Something Club group:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105750-the-40-something-club

Thanks for setting that up! I posted a couple of weeks ago, but I'm 45 and I've lost 12 lbs so far... but I have a good 50 to go. I keep changing my mind about my final goal weight but I know it's a ways away.

You're right, it was a little hard to find. I found it, but thanks for posting the link for others.

Good job on the 12 pounds and keep up the good work.

Sorry about that!! I tried to send invitesq out to everyone but may not have included all!

Oh no worries! I still found it. lol
  • I'm 41 just turned 41 go to the gym darn near all the time I've always been a health nut. I do strength training for 4 days and I do cardio twice a week I eat about 2600 Calories a day right now pretty much all clean I do eat ice cream once in a while like a 0.5 cup. My goal right now to get down to 175 to 180 pounds all mostly all muscle right now I'm 183 pounds I've been losing weight pretty fast since I put myself on this 2600 Calorie diet.
  • turing 40 this year ( :o ) but at least i'm going to do it in the best shape of my life. i recently found my high school jeans when i was a teeny thing, put them on and they were a bit loose. my reaction to that was pretty much the same as when my husband proposed.
  • kpodaru wrote: »
    turing 40 this year ( :o ) but at least i'm going to do it in the best shape of my life. i recently found my high school jeans when i was a teeny thing, put them on and they were a bit loose. my reaction to that was pretty much the same as when my husband proposed.

Ha! Well done. Isn't funny/horrible how important weight loss feels? I wish it didn't have that much power over me. I long to be a person who doesn't need to care. Or think about it all the time. I know that can't happen. I feel like an alcoholic. I will never have a day off thinking about it.