What's everyone take for supplements? Vitamins, Pre-workout, Recovery, Protein?

Alive Multivitamin
Biotin
Fish oil
Evening Primrose
Spirulina
Vitamin D
Glucosamine with MSM
Coconut oil (in moderation)
Flax oil (in moderation)
Pre workout on lifting days Cellucor C4 Extreme (pink lemonade)
Natural Gold Standard Whey (chocolate)

Replies

• Must all protein powders taste terrible? I have tried mixing with water, almond milk, regular milk and still tastes bad. Any recommendations on a protein powder. I am tired of wasting all my money on junk.
  • Must all protein powders taste terrible? I have tried mixing with water, almond milk, regular milk and still tastes bad. Any recommendations on a protein powder. I am tired of wasting all my money on junk.

Mandy I've heard optimum nutrition and quest protein powders taste delicious.
  • I think whey-based protein shakes and bars are an acquired taste, and those who consume them regularly don't even notice any more. I remember a Dragon's Den (Shark Tank in US) episode where the promoters were offering a new protein bar. One of the investors spat the bar out, "This tastes terrible!". The promoter gently asked if the investor ever ate a protein bar before? I am sure it tasted no better or no worse than the bars out there currently.

You might try Vega One to see if you like it any better.
    There is no need to take powders so just dont buy them. Like all protein powders they ate just to supplement a lack of protein in your diet.

• I'm a supplement addict as well...

Liquid Multi
    Chromium Picolinate
    Plant based Omega 3, 6, 9
    Vitamin E
    Vitex (for female and pituitary issues instead of taking an Rx)
    Fem E
    Kelp (for Iodine)
    Vegetarian Glucosamine w/ MSM
    Creatine Monohydrate (added to my protein)
    Plant Fusion Protein
  • I take a multivitamin, fish oil, and sometimes after I work out I drink Biorhythm post-workout euphoria in Orange push-up. It is very high carb though so I am using it up and then switching to something else. If you aren't worried about carbs it is a great after workout protein and it really does give a sort of euphoric feeling if you drink it right after your work-out. The taste takes some getting used to.
  • I absolutely HATE taking pills....so I take 3 gummy Alive multi-vitamins (standard serving size), and 2 Caltrate + D chewies as well for calcium. That is all. Oh and chia seeds sprinkled into yogurt or oatmeal for their health benefits
  • ninerbuff wrote: »
    For most, a multivitamin, fish oil and protein (if you need to supplement more of it in) is basically all that's needed. The rest is mostly smoke and mirrors. Most supplements dosage is low versus what's actually tested in labs for research.
    Also since supplements aren't regulated by the FDA, a lot of times there are contaminants that are present because much of the raw material to make it comes from countries that don't regulate purity of the raw materials being sent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This is what we are studying currently in my nutrition class. Insane.

• eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Protein, Creatine, sometimes intra-workout carbs and eaa's

Creating will just pull water into your muscles you can take it for years but once you stop you will lose a lot of your muscles just saying