MFP's Acquisition

2»

Replies

• I love Premium so far. Setting macros and having it autotabulate total calories - and setting macros by the gram, that's cool. I like the new dashboard on the site and it's customizable. Good first start - I'll let this thing ride a year and see what's up at the end of it.
  • I think you're vastly overestimating the number of unhappy people. The majority would be indifferent. The people who actually post in these forums are minute compared to the actual number of users. You're only applying the "unhappy people" to your case from what I'm sure you've read here.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    sunrise611 wrote: »
    That would not leave many people left the way things are heading.

Well then rally your troops and lead the rebellion.. I am sure all of the MILLIONS of members will follow. Ugh, SMDH, seriously! If you aren't paying for it, and it is free to you, and you CHOOSE (that is an important word because you have the option) not to upgrade then don't complain, and if you don't like it GTHO! For real, why are you so worried about it.

• I think you're vastly overestimating the number of unhappy people. The majority would be indifferent. The people who actually post in these forums are minute compared to the actual number of users. You're only applying the "unhappy people" to your case from what I'm sure you've read here.

This is spot on, 100% correct!! I have been around many different forums long enough to know that outta 40 million MFP subscribers, I would take a shot in the dark and say, maybe 1/40th even realize there is a forum to access. And of that I bet there isn't even half that access it.

• ksy1969 wrote: »
    I think you're vastly overestimating the number of unhappy people. The majority would be indifferent. The people who actually post in these forums are minute compared to the actual number of users. You're only applying the "unhappy people" to your case from what I'm sure you've read here.

This is spot on, 100% correct!! I have been around many different forums long enough to know that outta 40 million MFP subscribers, I would take a shot in the dark and say, maybe 1/40th even realize there is a forum to access. And of that I bet there isn't even half that access it.

Agreed 100%, everything they have posted is opinion based
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    ... based on their declining user experience ...
  • sunrise611 wrote: »
    ... based on their declining user experience ...

Are you seeing some numbers that no one else but you have access too?

Except for the iOS 6 issues, my android experience is still a positive experience and so is my web based. In fact I am liking it better and I haven't upgraded to premium.

I am sure they will eventually get the iOS 6 issues fixed.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Just what some MFP friends have reported to me and what I've read ... which is a growing number of complaints.

Hopefully they will fix and restore things.

The nutritional section in the iPhone/iPad app was messed up and people hate it.

Hopefully they will listen and restore that functionality since it is important and great the way it was ... it did not need "fixing."

I am concerned about those that are unhappy with changes and cannot easily go back to the way they had it.
  • Let's be frank, though... One thing that has remained constant throughout history is that no matter how many times or how loudly a company says 'nothing will change', they're gonna change it. They will have their reasons, certainly, and they may even share them; but they probably won't.
    Just what some MFP friends have reported to me and what I've read ... which is a growing number of complaints.

Hopefully they will fix and restore things.

The nutritional section in the iPhone/iPad app was messed up and people hate it. I have not seen it myself but I would not be happy about it either. Hopefully they will listen and restore that functionality since it is important and great the way it was ... it did not need "fixing."

I'm not complaining (yet) but expressing concern about those that are unhappy with changes.

What you and your "friends" seem to forget, is this is technology. It has always been and probably always will be changing whether you like it or not. Websites and programs that do not update and make "improvements", even though some people may not want them, will eventually become old news and the majority move on to find the new latest and greatest. It is a fact of life in the digital age. If it wasn't we would still be watching VHS tapes and have dial up internet. ;)
  • Changes are fine if they improve the user experience, not when they muck up what was already working.
    Changes are fine if they improve the user experience, not when they muck up what was already working.

Last post on this. the mucking up is all in the eye of the beholder and I have found most people seem to get over it after awhile. There is always this over reaction by a vocal minority that realize after some time that they might have over reacted or they leave and no one misses them. :o
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Everyone defending the changes here probably has a stake in it somehow.
    Everyone defending the changes here probably has a stake in it somehow.

Oh. My. God... please give it up. The statement above proves that you're just the kind of person that is always right and not willing to accept the fact that your opinion is not as important as you think it is to 95% of this community.