Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.
  • spamarie wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

Congratulations!
  • Francl27 wrote: »
    I admit I shake my head sometimes when I see the Mother's Day ads out there.

Some Facebook page I follow linked to 'great deals on aprons, fantastic mother's day gift!', and now I just went to my fitbit page by accident and the top said 'this mother's day, pick a fitbit gift that will move her'. Because nothing says 'I love you but you're fat' as much as a fitness device as a present.

Reminds me of years ago when a friend of mine's mother in law from hell gave her a thighmaster as a birthday gift. In that case, though, it was almost certainly intended to convey "maybe you should exercise more." Also, dumb piece of equipment--I remember this because she was planning to give it away and I took it off her hands.
  • Ha the whole give her a gift that will really move her tag line gets me.
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

I'm taking a guess here, but I think congratulations are in order? and no more alcohol? or... nuts? or egg whites. I trying to think of others but having not been there, I don't know. YAY! :smiley:
  • Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »

I'm taking a guess here, but I think congratulations are in order? and no more alcohol? or... nuts? or egg whites. I trying to think of others but having not been there, I don't know. YAY! :smiley:

No more having to clean the cat's litter tray!!!!!! Congrats @spamarie !!!!!

I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't like tea/coffee/alcohol/blue cheese and all that jazz so at least I don't have to worry about that.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't like tea/coffee/alcohol/blue cheese and all that jazz so at least I don't have to worry about that.

:dizzy: No coffee? I'm adopting... can't give up coffeeeeee. *takes another gulp*
    Very happy for you though!
  • BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    My confession is that i really really want to lose some weight and i know exactly what i need to do to do it but i can never find the motivation to get up and do it. I Just had a baby 2 mnts ago and im the biggest i have ever been in my whole life and i feel like im disgusting my husband(even though im not he tells me how much he loves my body all the time), SO im making a pledge to really do it this time, not only for myself but for my son so i can live a loooong time to see him grow

I initially read this as "2 minutes ago" and my first thought was, wow this gal's really motivated! Lol.

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to MFP... if you take a peek around the boards you'll find tons of posts from very ordinary folks (including new mums) who are successfully losing weight... so YOU CAN DO IT TOO.

Re Autocorrect: For some bizarre reason, every time I started to type "texting" in my phone, one of the suggestions autocorrect would come up with is "rectum". Seriously?? That's a word in common use in texting? (Anyway, the phone has since learned my text habits and no longer suggests that one.)

This type of thing happens to me all the time! I was texting my son that I left something on his "porch" and it changed it to "porcupine". Pretty sure "porch" is a much more common word. Then I used the word "also", which was changed to "silo". Really? Porcupines and silos are used more? Funny, but I am careful to proof read before sending.

Shortly after I started texting, my Mom sent me a text, letting me know she was at the grocery store and, since she was coming over, was there anything I needed. (We don't live near a grocery store) I texted back that I couls use a couple pounds of lean ground beef, since it was on sale. It autocorrected to: "Grab me a couple pounds of cigarettes...they are on for $2.99/pound"...which would actually be a steal of a deal for cigarettes. She wanted to know when I took up smoking. (I am the preacher's kid, after all)

Hahaha! That is funny. I know we've talked about it earlier on this thread (well, along with just about every other topic), but I love damnyouautocorrect. I laugh every time I read those.

Slightly related, for some reason when I send my daughter text messages, about once a week, it will send the first half of the message I sent, and then second half will be a message I sent her weeks or sometimes even months ago. We have no idea why this happens, and it does not happen with anyone else except between the two of us. And only from me to her, never the other way around. It is the weirdest thing. At first, she was quite confused by it, but now she will just text back and tell me to resend, but it is so strange! Here is the most recent one from this weekend:

I totally spoiled Big Brother for Marie, she told me she did not watch it yet and I read it wrong and told her the vet said it could kill her. I am NOT going to let her die after everything she has been through.

:s

When my husband first started texting (he's a little bit of a techno-phobe), one of his first texts to me was that he wanted a "Danica sandwich." If I remember right, he was trying to text "ham sandwich." We still laugh about that.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I finally bought the Sam's Choice Coffee and Donuts ice cream yesterday and even though I had no calories left, I ate a serving. I regret nothing. Who was it that brought that up? Quiksylver? You're terrible. LOL

Yep. You're welcome! >:) (And I'm impressed you stuck to one serving!)

Woo Hoo! Congratulations!

Congratulations!
  • This morning I was up a pound for some strange reason. It depressed me and instead of dealing with it properly, I had a donut. Now I feel even worse :(
  • New job requires a drug test and physical before I can be scheduled to begin. I've been on hold for 2 hours to schedule this. I guess this is how they weed out people to see if they have the determination to work for them lol.
  • I confess I felt really old walking up to the Mastodon/Clutch show at Red Rocks on Sunday night....with a freakin Starbucks & not a 2 liter filled with Beam & Diet. Wooooo partay
  • This morning, I stepped outside in full running gear with the intentions of going for my short run. Ya, it was cold so I ran my *kitten* back inside and made coffee and breakfast instead.
    I will run this evening dammit! Lol
  • xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I confess I felt really old walking up to the Mastodon/Clutch show at Red Rocks on Sunday night....with a freakin Starbucks & not a 2 liter filled with Beam & Diet. Wooooo partay

They still going? It could be because I'm in England, but I haven't heard anything from these bands in AGES! Or maybe I'm out of touch... I'm probably out of touch. lol
  • So after logging my food on Sat and was like 4k over in sodium, I look into the sodium thing a bit more and was reading that once you reach your DRI, a mere 400mg of sodium can add 2 lbs of water weight. Whoa!

I've managed to lose 16 lbs in the past 30 days. Impressive. And it's not due to shortcutting or making bad-for-me choices. Just a ton of bike riding. The clothes that were so snug finally have some give.

I must have really procrastinated starting to diet in 2014 cuz I am 25lbs lighter than I was this exact time last year. w00t!

• New job requires a drug test and physical before I can be scheduled to begin. I've been on hold for 2 hours to schedule this. I guess this is how they weed out people to see if they have the determination to work for them lol.

Uh oh. Bad sign?

Oh, I totally had the hint fly over my head and I even recall the earlier post now that it's made obvious.

Great news!