Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• ShibaEars wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Heehee, thanks, we tend to think that when listening to the complaints of our monogamous friends but all relationships take work, friends family, partners but we tend to take them all for granted :(

Exactly! Which is why I'm sitting here thinking you may actually be a few steps ahead in being so conscious and deliberate about those aspects of your relationship, whereas the rest of us in more traditional partnerships just sit back and think it will all magically work out because "we're in luuuurve", at least when we're younger. (Coming from someone who got married at the age of 20, because I thought I knew it all)

Oh boy, isn't that the truth! For me, even worse: got married at 18, failed at that one, did it again at 28 and now I'm wondering if I've ever known anything at all? Seriously, have I not learned anything yet? My poor kids. I give them the spiel of: don't ask me for relationship advice. Clearly I don't know what I'm doing. Gah.

Twice? LOL
    I've been married, ahem, multiple times and had a few live-ins in between.

I'm excellent at giving relationship advice. I'm not so good at taking it.

I've finally got a keeper. It's difficult for me to live so drama-free sometimes, but I'm so glad I found it.
    Odd, because my parents will be married 50 years in December, and I grew up with 0 drama.

I confess I am amazed that so many people can have multiple marriages & serious relationships and I go YEARS in between dates, let alone relationships. And it's not like I'm turning down dates or anything. I never get hit on or approached by guys.

I'm not judging anyone, but I am perplexed by everyone else seeming to be able to find someone so quickly and I got nothin'.

Unfortunately, I went years without dates, too. By choice.
    Lots of relationships that lasted from 6 months - 2 or 3 years.
    I have no problem showing a guy the door if he is an idiot. I finally learned to stop marrying them so quickly.

I must have "EASY" tattooed on my forehead or something. I still get approached by guys; sometimes even when I'm out with my husband.
    And it's not like I'm turning down dates or anything. I never get hit on or approached by guys.

Me neither. Most of my relationships have developed with guys that I already knew somewhat, through friends or shared social activities. Which is amazing in itself, as I'm not terrifically social.

OTOH, you may be like me and it takes being bashed over the head repeatedly with a blunt object to clue in to the fact that you're being "approached" or "hit on". My friends would always point out to me after the fact whereas I'd been clueless at the time.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    ethim wrote: »
    I've eaten things I'm allergic to the last four days and because of that I've been sick for four days. Ugh why can't I stop?

I love bubble tea though.
    I ate gluten today again by accident. This is the fourth day in a row and I wish I was dead because it hurts so much #sendhelp. Not sure why I keep accidently eating considering I go months at a time and do fine.

I'm really sorry you've been feeling ill and because of food :/ Has something triggered the food choices? Is there someway of trying to be more aware of what you're eating? - A food/mood diary perhaps? Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I've been logging what I eat on here cause when I do I pretty much don't ever eat anything I'm allergic to. I went to my friends house on Thursday and when I was there I was super tempted to eat ice cream cause they were all eating it and I know that's no excuse but sometimes I get sick of not feeling like I can be normal. So the I ate some and then up until yesterday I had been feeling so sick, bloated, sad, and fat that I was making bad food choices cause I just felt like I hated myself so much. Thanks for caring :)<3

To anyone who heard that I started my new job last week, it's been going really well still :)
    Heehee, thanks, we tend to think that when listening to the complaints of our monogamous friends but all relationships take work, friends family, partners but we tend to take them all for granted :(

Exactly! Which is why I'm sitting here thinking you may actually be a few steps ahead in being so conscious and deliberate about those aspects of your relationship, whereas the rest of us in more traditional partnerships just sit back and think it will all magically work out because "we're in luuuurve", at least when we're younger. (Coming from someone who got married at the age of 20, because I thought I knew it all)

Oh boy, isn't that the truth! For me, even worse: got married at 18, failed at that one, did it again at 28 and now I'm wondering if I've ever known anything at all? Seriously, have I not learned anything yet? My poor kids. I give them the spiel of: don't ask me for relationship advice. Clearly I don't know what I'm doing. Gah.

Twice? LOL

I've finally got a keeper. It's difficult for me to live so drama-free sometimes, but I'm so glad I found it.
    Odd, because my parents will be married 50 years in December, and I grew up with 0 drama.

I confess I am amazed that so many people can have multiple marriages & serious relationships and I go YEARS in between dates, let alone relationships. And it's not like I'm turning down dates or anything. I never get hit on or approached by guys.

I'm not judging anyone, but I am perplexed by everyone else seeming to be able to find someone so quickly and I got nothin'.

Unfortunately, I went years without dates, too. By choice.
    Lots of relationships that lasted from 6 months - 2 or 3 years.
    I have no problem showing a guy the door if he is an idiot. I finally learned to stop marrying them so quickly.

I must have "EASY" tattooed on my forehead or something. I still get approached by guys; sometimes even when I'm out with my husband.

I am the opposite. I am like @ShibaEars I never get hit on nor do I attract guys. I have been told my body language is pretty darn clear ... STAY AWAY. I think part of the problem is guys I find attractive never find me attractive. And occasionally I do get a guy who is clearly attracted, and I am like 'no way'. I think I am myself with guys I am not attracted to and give the 'stay away' vibe to the ones I am. If you are a guy and I am being extremely defensive in body language and super sarcastic...I probably like you. If I am friendly...I probably don't. Maybe I never escaped the 5th grade (or is it later? earlier? I can't remember) name calling on the playground mentality when kids first start noticing each other.

I think a lot of it has to do with poor self-image and many issue growing up being heavy and being the non-attractive female in the family. And a middle child... and on and on. I pretty much just finally gave up.
  • bkhamill wrote: »

I got married at 20, to a 22 year old man and we immediately had a kid (4 weeks later, actually, lol). 3 more kids and nearly 15 years later, we still love each other, but the fact that we're still together is down to hard work and nothing but.

I got married at 18 to my high school sweetheart. On June 4 this year we will celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. It does take work and a lot of being flexible with the desires of the other person (mostly my husband is a saint at this) Our marriage is not perfect but we love each other and our kids/grandkids and that is what matters most to both of us, so we keep working at it.

I should confess that I am also bi and my husband knows I have to indulge in that side of my sexuality from time to time, so that probably makes it even harder for him (hence the saint comment).

Congratulations on what is clearly a great relationship and for both of you knowing what works and how to keep it strong. So many people lie to each other about what they want, and in the end it never works out. I am always amazed at long term relationships, as I see so few of them that are still going strong and still in love. Its nice to know they are out there!
  • pofoster21 wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »

I got married at 20, to a 22 year old man and we immediately had a kid (4 weeks later, actually, lol). 3 more kids and nearly 15 years later, we still love each other, but the fact that we're still together is down to hard work and nothing but.

I got married at 18 to my high school sweetheart. On June 4 this year we will celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. It does take work and a lot of being flexible with the desires of the other person (mostly my husband is a saint at this) Our marriage is not perfect but we love each other and our kids/grandkids and that is what matters most to both of us, so we keep working at it.

I should confess that I am also bi and my husband knows I have to indulge in that side of my sexuality from time to time, so that probably makes it even harder for him (hence the saint comment).

Congratulations on what is clearly a great relationship and for both of you knowing what works and how to keep it strong. So many people lie to each other about what they want, and in the end it never works out. I am always amazed at long term relationships, as I see so few of them that are still going strong and still in love. Its nice to know they are out there!

Thank you.

Twice? LOL

Nothing wrong with that! I've had a few serious relationships and have been engaged once but I'm 29 and unmarried- and never have been- I get the pity gazes and the "oh you'll find someone for you on day!" Yes I know I'm totally fine being unmarried, but thanks!

My current boyfriend lives in England now haha it's a very unique relationship :)
  • Five children and 31 years later my parents are still together :) I'm so proud of them but also its a lot to live up to!
  • Especially since NO ONE in my family has ever been divorced- no grandparents have, aunts, uncles, or any of my older cousins..it's really suck to be the first one to break that streak and disappoint the 'rents :'(
  • ythannah wrote: »

My university has us go through a class on the psychology of relationships for that reason. It's pretty smart, since it's a freshman-level but required class. Manages to reach most of the students and get them to think about what their boundaries are, what their relationship style is (and which ones to avoid) and how secure they are in themselves. They definitely go over the fact that love doesn't pay the bills and that love isn't what keeps a marriage together.
  • ethim wrote: »
    I've eaten things I'm allergic to the last four days and because of that I've been sick for four days. Ugh why can't I stop?

I love bubble tea though.
    I ate gluten today again by accident. This is the fourth day in a row and I wish I was dead because it hurts so much #sendhelp. Not sure why I keep accidently eating considering I go months at a time and do fine.

I'm really sorry you've been feeling ill and because of food :/ Has something triggered the food choices? Is there someway of trying to be more aware of what you're eating? - A food/mood diary perhaps? Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I've been logging what I eat on here cause when I do I pretty much don't ever eat anything I'm allergic to. I went to my friends house on Thursday and when I was there I was super tempted to eat ice cream cause they were all eating it and I know that's no excuse but sometimes I get sick of not feeling like I can be normal. So the I ate some and then up until yesterday I had been feeling so sick, bloated, sad, and fat that I was making bad food choices cause I just felt like I hated myself so much. Thanks for caring :)<3

To anyone who heard that I started my new job last week, it's been going really well still :)

Great news on the job! Glad you are enjoying it. And you'll feel better soon, just stay away from what doesn't work for you...there are lots of good food choices that don't make you sick. And "bad" food choices that are gluten free too I imagine. :) And fun to eat. As a vegetarian, I am well used to passing up food that isn't good for me or making people cook me special meals at restaurants. When I was vegan, I still had no problem. I only quit being vegan because I sucked at it (never cooked my own food, so you start eating crap like french fries that don't have animal fat) and gained 30 lbs. I intend one day to go back to that when I can be more disciplined.
  • You know what would be great? If I could somehow tell Facebook to block any posts from my timeline that mention the word "Shakeology".
  • I've bought containers of ice cream, hidden them, and finished 2 in less than a week. (not lately, thankfully). My husband will say "you can't eat that, it's fattening" and "you'll always be fat" so I continue to buy him bags of tortilla chips and lays. He eats them, complains he's gaining weight, but I now weigh a few pounds less than him. Revenge will be mine.
  • You know what would be great? If I could somehow tell Facebook to block any posts from my timeline that mention the word "Shakeology".

Isn't there a way to do this? If they're coming from a specific person you should be able to hide them, I think. I did this when I didn't want to see notices of what my ex's band was doing. It would show up on my timeline when mutual friends liked or commented on the band's page and I didn't want to see anything to do with him.
  • cory17 wrote: »
    I've bought containers of ice cream, hidden them, and finished 2 in less than a week. (not lately, thankfully). My husband will say "you can't eat that, it's fattening" and "you'll always be fat" so I continue to buy him bags of tortilla chips and lays. He eats them, complains he's gaining weight, but I now weigh a few pounds less than him. Revenge will be mine.

Trying not to be judgmental but what a terrible thing to say!
    You know what would be great? If I could somehow tell Facebook to block any posts from my timeline that mention the word "Shakeology".

Isn't there a way to do this? If they're coming from a specific person you should be able to hide them, I think. I did this when I didn't want to see notices of what my ex's band was doing. It would show up on my timeline when mutual friends liked or commented on the band's page and I didn't want to see anything to do with him.

Yeah but one friend has encouraged multiple other friends to start being beach body "coaches". I'd be blocking posts from about 10 people that I like otherwise.
    You know what would be great? If I could somehow tell Facebook to block any posts from my timeline that mention the word "Shakeology".

Yeah but one friend has encouraged multiple other friends to start being beach body "coaches". I'd be blocking posts from about 10 people that I like otherwise.

Gotcha. I'd still check, you might be able to just hide posts that are about Shakeology.
  • Got caught up.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes for my dad.

I'm taking a few days off logging, but I know I need to resume it soon so I don't negate all my progress. I've already gained back 1.5lbs in a week and a half.
  • cory17 wrote: »
    I've bought containers of ice cream, hidden them, and finished 2 in less than a week. (not lately, thankfully). My husband will say "you can't eat that, it's fattening" and "you'll always be fat" so I continue to buy him bags of tortilla chips and lays. He eats them, complains he's gaining weight, but I now weigh a few pounds less than him. Revenge will be mine.

Maybe in a few years we'll see posts from him complaining, "My wife is SABOTAGING me!!" lol.

Hearing those kinds of comments would motivate me to lose weight, as fast as humanly possible, just to prove him wrong.

Confession: that's probably more than half the reason I got married at such a young age, because my father was always telling me that no man would ever want me.
  • Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

I'm very sorry to hear that. I will definitely be praying.