Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Francl27 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I laugh because I don't have to send my 'kids' to college or buy them a car. ;)

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

Nice! I finally have a kid old enough to wash the dishes and it is amazing. I teach all my kids to put away their own dresser laundry (socks, underwear, pajamas), starting when they are about 3.Sure, it's not perfectly done, but who cares? It's just socks and pajamas. They can totally do it.

I tell my kids to put away their clothes too. Typically it ends up in piles on the floor. Seriously, I swear I'm the only one in this house who actually puts things away and cleans up after herself and it's driving me INSANE. They just drop crap all over the house all the time and NEVER pick it up. My house is a disaster zone but I just can't spend my whole days picking up after the kids, the husband, and the dog. Just can't, or I'd go crazy. Trying to let it go... but we almost have nobody over either because I'm so ashamed, being a stay at home mom and all... it's supposed to be my job, but I just lose it, seriously. They can trash the house in just 10 minutes.

That is SO annoying! Just because you don't work outside the home does not mean you are the full time maid! How old are your kids? Sometimes the only way they learn is by consequences. Dirty clothes on the floor and not in the laundry basket? No clean clothes for you. Same thing for hubby.

Maybe not allow them to watch TV or play or whatever until they spend 10 min. each cleaning up clutter and putting thing away? IDK but I hope you find something that works!

They're 7, and twins. I don't let them watch tv or play games on their tablet until they clean up this or that... but it doesn't matter. They don't even care, they find something else to do, and more messes to make. It's a losing battle, honestly, and my husband doesn't really help, unless we're having guests over, thankfully, then he'll help them clean... like 3 hours before people come over. I seriously flip out every time. Last time I just left the house and went to the gym because I was just losing it.

We're cleaning this week end before doing anything...

Bed and computer warfare (whichever is more irritating for them). If my husband goes on a long enough stretch of expecting maid service, I gather up all his stray crap from around the house and dump it on his computer desk and chair. For my son, it's in his bed, so he can't sleep until he deals with it. He also has a rule that if his room is not clean by bed Friday night, he's grounded from the time he gets up until it's clean, so if he does dump it all on the floor, it can't be for more than a few days.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!

The oreo thread fighting is making my day.

I confess, all the Oreo thread makes me want to do is eat Oreos.

Yes, please. Reese's flavored ones.
  • Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

I'm sorry. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best. Make sure you take care of yourself too.
  • I rewear my gym clothes too, normally just the bra and pants. I change everything else :)
  • JPW1990 wrote: »
    Longish and TMI confession:

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Not any closer to wanting to walk outside after this.

Oh my, I'm crying! My cube neighbor asked if I was ok.

I mentioned before that I have a phobia of walking outside because I nearly stepped in a very dead raccoon. I've been trying to work on that, so today I took my son to a park that has a playground and a very out in the open 1/2 mile jogging path circling it. It also has lots of trash cans and plenty of free plastic bags for dog walkers.

It's hot and humid today, and those trash cans are starting to smell like that raccoon. About half way through my first lap, I started breathing through my mouth to lessen the impact when I'd approach one. An unidentified bug flew in my mouth, I couldn't cough it out, had left my water in the car, and didn't want to embarrass my son by everyone watching his mom puke in the middle of the park from walking a quarter mile. So I swallowed it. I didn't quit, either, I did the rest of my laps before coming home. And then I kept thinking about it, and started feeling a weird tickle in the back of throat, and then I convinced myself it was probably a stray bug leg, and then I started thinking that it was probably a fly, since a bee would've hurt, and flies have been crawling all over the dog poop in the garbage, and yeah, there came back breakfast and the bug. I guess the upside is I don't have to log the bug now?

Okay, I'm very sorry, but I laughed when I read this! But really, I AM sorry you went through that. Oh gag. I would have had the same end result. Or very possibly I would have embarrassed my son right there at the park!
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!

I felt jealous when *I read the first post. I was all "wahhhh wish I had 4 bags of Oreo's"
  • BZAH10 wrote: »

I started reading this one...will finish later but I have to admit I would KILL my husband (if I had one) if he came home with that stuff. I can't have stuff like that in my house at all or I will eat it all. And yes, I have no will power. But I can't say that in there...I would be eviscerated. I was happy to see the guy I can't stand from all the nasty threads is in jail. :)
  • BTW does DH mean Dear Husband?
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I confess, there are some people that just will not give up on the whole "cleansing" thing and it's a little weird. I don't pretend to know everything about science and physiology, but the liver and kidneys remove toxins from the blood. I'll schedule a colonoscopy in 12 years for my first "cleanse" when I'm 50. I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. And I read an article once someone wrote on the internet. And you can't post anything on the internet unless it's true. At least I think I'm funny sometimes. Carry on.
  • BZAH10 wrote: »

Okay, I'm very sorry, but I laughed when I read this! But really, I AM sorry you went through that. Oh gag. I would have had the same end result. Or very possibly I would have embarrassed my son right there at the park!

In retrospect, I almost wish I had now. I told him about it on the way home, and he saw me run to the bathroom after we got here. When I came out, his first question was, "are you ok?" (I'll give him points for that, at least). His second, "could you tell what kind of bug it was?" Thanks, kid.
  • pofoster21 wrote: »
    BTW does DH mean Dear Husband?

Yes, and it's overused and I'm a little tired of it! DH, DD (daughter), DS (son)...you get the idea.

Yes
  • Or if he's in the dog house it could be d-ckhead husband

Yes, and it's overused and I'm a little tired of it! DH, DD (daughter), DS (son)...you get the idea.

It's been around for as long as there have been parenting message boards, not going away any time soon.

I started reading this one...will finish later but I have to admit I would KILL my husband (if I had one) if he came home with that stuff. I can't have stuff like that in my house at all or I will eat it all. And yes, I have no will power. But I can't say that in there...I would be eviscerated. I was happy to see the guy I can't stand from all the nasty threads is in jail. :)
    I actually felt sorry for the OP in that post. She really loves her husband and wants him to live a long, healthy life, but everyone's telling her she's a controlling b i t c h for asking what she can do to help make that happen?? And I don't care what anyone says, it's not normal behaviour to come home with that quantity of Oreos.

In retrospect, I almost wish I had now. I told him about it on the way home, and he saw me run to the bathroom after we got here. When I came out, his first question was, "are you ok?" (I'll give him points for that, at least). His second, "could you tell what kind of bug it was?" Thanks, kid.

Kids are so funny. I have to say, you have a much stronger stomach than me. I would have puked on the spot.
  • I confess, there are some people that just will not give up on the whole "cleansing" thing and it's a little weird. I don't pretend to know everything about science and physiology, but the liver and kidneys remove toxins from the blood. I'll schedule a colonoscopy in 12 years for my first "cleanse" when I'm 50. I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. And I read an article once someone wrote on the internet. And you can't post anything on the internet unless it's true. At least I think I'm funny sometimes. Carry on.
    I've had one. There's no cleanse like the pre-camera cleanse! Buy extra-soft toilet paper when the time comes. And zinc cream.
    Yes.
  • I had 2 cups of coffee this am, 2 cups this afternoon and now I'm downing a large w/ an extra shot latte. I will probably have trouble sleeping tonight. At least it's kinda killing my appetite. :wink: