Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• sytar7 wrote: »
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Girl Scout Cookies? I'm guessing a fund raiser like our "Bob A Job"?

qqvkqz669pqy.png

The thin mints are the best! I was going to buy some from a woman I go to pole class with, but she stopped coming to class. I guess that's a good thing, b/c I can do some damage with those things!

Give me your address...I'll mail you some...*evil cackle*

I have 2 cases of thin mints in my bedroom closet. I ordered them when I thought they were going to be vegan, but we got last year's leftovers. I haven't decided whether to sell them or just dole them out to the kids for lunch snacks.

According to my info they are vegan...or were last year's leftovers not?

My daughter is selling them and that has been the big question--did they change the recipe or have Thin Mints always been vegan?

No, it's a new recipe. Last year's cookies have whey in them.

I love your avatar.

It is actually more complicated than that... It depends on where you live and who your GS get their cookies from. If you get them from ABC company then they have been vegan for a while. If you get cookies from the Little Brownie Bakers the recipe is new this year. This is very upsetting because I don't like the ABC company thin mints and I found a GS in a different district to buy from and now this!

I'm now realizing I take thin mints too seriously :/

• MoHousdon wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tomorrow I will be in training all day. This makes me sad for 3 reasons.

1. I have no idea what we'll be served for lunch so I can't log it accurately.
    2. I won't be able to be on here at all.
    3. Since I do my HIIT at my office, I'll be missing tomorrow's workout.

I am, however, looking forward to being out of the office for the day and getting paid for it, also...FREE LUNCH!!! B)

Cute Avatar

Thanks! It is pretty much my personality. I DON'T SHARE CAKE!

Except with me, cuz we're zombie killin' partners... :D

I feel the need for a real confession today. - I used to shoplift in high school. A LOT. I had a shoplifting partner and we would go together and keep an eye out for the other. I lifted everything, bikinis, movies (VHS, that's how old I am), clothes, makeup, purses, whatever. We got chased out of the mall by security once. We ran through the back hallways where the public isn't supposed to go and exited out some little side door. I never got caught. My partner did, later, after she moved to another state and got put in jail and charged with a felony. - Irony...I've been a cop for over 18 years now. But I can spot a shoplifter in a heartbeat LOL

So, your past wrong doings have benefited society! It's like paying back karma!
  • BZAH10 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    My co-worker in the next cube is sick...she has been coughing up a lung for 2 days. I told her "You shouldn't be here, go home!" but she just shrugged. Why do some people insist on coming to work & pumping out the germs???

(I don't want to be rude, but sorry, she's one of these quite large unhealthy people that will end up being sick for a month.)

Maybe I'll turn it into a positive & call in sick on Monday and blame it on her! (Assuming I don't, you know, ACTUALLY GET SICK)

There's a guy at my gym that is there the same time I am every day and he runs on the treadmill. For the past two weeks he's been doing the same thing: sounds like he's trying to cough up a lung. On the treadmill. Not very smart.

This time of year, if I saw that, I would assume it's allergies. Whenever the freakin' cottonwood trees start blooming, I'm a mess. Not sick, but you would think I was. Coughing and sneezing...

I can NOT stop thinking about this in allergy season.

k9ra8u0bfdai.jpg

Exactly mine and my daughter's thoughts right now. (Well, mostly mine, since my almost 3 year old doesn't understand all that...)

On a completely unrelated topic, I got way too excited yesterday when I found the library at school actually had Frozen on the shelf. Librarian said lots of parents there rent kid's movies as "babysitters" so they can study or do homework, so they keep a supply. Let's just say, Frozen has been on constant loop all morning and I've been able to actually study uninterrupted. Bad mommy....lol

Well, there are worse babysitters... On that note, I could probably still quote "The Lion King" from beginning to end with or without the movie... We actually wore out the VHS and I bought it again. My daughter and I went and saw it in the theatre a couple years ago when it came to IMAX in 3-D. Still knew all the words...

I can quote The Lion King too! But the DVD I have is a new version that has an added song. "The Morning Report" I will still quote in my head when Zazu says, "I told the elephants to forget it but they can't, Cheetahs never prosper, etc". You can play it the original way without the added song but you have to get into settings and all that and I usually don't bother. My 2 year old doesn't know the difference.
  • I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.
  • MoHousdon wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tomorrow I will be in training all day. This makes me sad for 3 reasons.

1. I have no idea what we'll be served for lunch so I can't log it accurately.
    2. I won't be able to be on here at all.
    3. Since I do my HIIT at my office, I'll be missing tomorrow's workout.

I am, however, looking forward to being out of the office for the day and getting paid for it, also...FREE LUNCH!!! B)

Cute Avatar

Thanks! It is pretty much my personality. I DON'T SHARE CAKE!

Except with me, cuz we're zombie killin' partners... :D

I feel the need for a real confession today. - I used to shoplift in high school. A LOT. I had a shoplifting partner and we would go together and keep an eye out for the other. I lifted everything, bikinis, movies (VHS, that's how old I am), clothes, makeup, purses, whatever. We got chased out of the mall by security once. We ran through the back hallways where the public isn't supposed to go and exited out some little side door. I never got caught. My partner did, later, after she moved to another state and got put in jail and charged with a felony. - Irony...I've been a cop for over 18 years now. But I can spot a shoplifter in a heartbeat LOL

...casual conversation overheard at the precinct...

So, quiksylver296... you have an astonishing ability to spot shoplifters... to what do you attribute that special skill...?

Just lucky, I guess...

Well, no... I beg to differ... suspicions you've had regarding such for over 18 years now have been 'spot on' -- that's more than luck... what gives? -- what's your 'secret'? -- did you have some sort of 'special training' -- ?

In a manner of speaking...

Seriously! -- What's the scoop?!

I am... The Shoplifting Whisperer... I don't wear a cape or anything, or change in a phone booth, but... I can spot a shoplifter 'a mile away'...

;)

On a serious note... akin to hackers making cybersecurity consultants (and security 'sentries') with specialized (and highly useful, difficult-to-'replicate') experience-based expertise... I would consider this to be a form of difficult-to-develop-a-true-'feel'-for -type of experience that has been 'repurposed' in a positive and useful way... all in all, being a police officer would seem to represent one of the best uses of such experience, period.
  • JPW1990 wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    I laugh because I don't have to send my 'kids' to college or buy them a car. ;)

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

• I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

Bahaha I'm with you @asflatasapancake , they really make my day!

In the meantime they're free labor, though. Even better, when they're really little, they think folding laundry and unloading the dishwasher is actually fun :p

I haven't cleaned a bathroom or ran the vacuum in 15 years (the oldest is 31) my two youngest are 15 and 16. I am going to miss them when they move out in a couple of years. I will have to pay for a cleaning service. The older children's SOs rave about their cooking and house keeping abilities. I told the kids when I was raising them, I was teaching them life skills. I lied, I just taught them to do the jobs I didn't like. ;)

Can't wait for my kids to be old enough for that.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

Nice! I finally have a kid old enough to wash the dishes and it is amazing. I teach all my kids to put away their own dresser laundry (socks, underwear, pajamas), starting when they are about 3.Sure, it's not perfectly done, but who cares? It's just socks and pajamas. They can totally do it.

• Francl27 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Can't wait for my kids to be old enough for that.

The day my son was old enough to walk the dog independently was the happiest day of my life. When he's old enough to use the tractor and mow the lawn I may throw a party.
  • Confession: I've been writing a short story on an amateur writing site (called Wattpad) for the last few weeks, and I'm currently feeling an unholy amount of evil glee as my fans sob in heartbreak in the comment section over a major character that I just killed off. I'm so mean. o:)
  • Follow up confession: I've probably eaten 5000 calories today. And I didn't log it, either.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Follow up confession: I've probably eaten 5000 calories today. And I didn't log it, either.

That was me yesterday...and the day before...but the day before that I did REALLY well! :grin:

My son is four and it's already his job to take our plates to the cupboard after we are done eating and he also has to help me put his clothes away when we are doing laundry. He does the socks and underwear because that's the drawer he can reach :)
    I confess, I think there should be more "sugar is murder and killed my family" threads. I get such a kick out them.

I'll be happy when Fed Up is off Netflix. Every random yahoo who half paid attention to it getting lumped in with people who've been LC for years, as if we all say the same misguided crap they're spewing because also-ran Couric told them.

@asflatasapancake, if you're looking for a good sugar-battle thread the "Four bags of Oreos" thread fits the bill!
  • And back on the subject of errant texts, my youngest son's girlfriend was apparently texting her Dairy Queen order to my son. Instead it just popped up on my phone: "medium brownie bladder blizzard". Erm, a bladder blizzard??? Think I'll pass! Too funny. Of course, she meant brownie batter blizzard.

Nice! I finally have a kid old enough to wash the dishes and it is amazing. I teach all my kids to put away their own dresser laundry (socks, underwear, pajamas), starting when they are about 3.Sure, it's not perfectly done, but who cares? It's just socks and pajamas. They can totally do it.

I tell my kids to put away their clothes too. Typically it ends up in piles on the floor. Seriously, I swear I'm the only one in this house who actually puts things away and cleans up after herself and it's driving me INSANE. They just drop crap all over the house all the time and NEVER pick it up. My house is a disaster zone but I just can't spend my whole days picking up after the kids, the husband, and the dog. Just can't, or I'd go crazy. Trying to let it go... but we almost have nobody over either because I'm so ashamed, being a stay at home mom and all... it's supposed to be my job, but I just lose it, seriously. They can trash the house in just 10 minutes.
  • Follow up confession: I've probably eaten 5000 calories today. And I didn't log it, either.

That was me yesterday...and the day before...but the day before that I did REALLY well! :grin:

Sounds a bit like me this week. 3000 calories on Monday, did really great and made up for most of the damage yesterday, then killed my deficit for the rest of the week today. -_- I really need to get my behind in gear somehow, but I just can't seem to do it! :(
  • peleroja wrote: »
    Confession: I will use the same k-cup 2-3 times. lol

Worst confession I've read here, ewwwwwww. I loathe weak coffee...I'm the one who likes the cup from the bottom of the french press that's practically strong enough to stand up on its own.

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I thought I was the only person who did this! I can down a 16 oz. coffee in under 5 minutes...it is the fastest way to get the caffeine in, without actually injecting it!

I got tired of the whole coffee thing. Felt like it was more work than it was worth and I don't like it hot so I would drink 2, 3, 4 day old coffee. I started taking half a 5 Hour Energy in the morning and half in the afternoon and it works much better for me.

That stuff destorys my stomach. I'm sick all day if I start with that. :(