Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• MrsMizart wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Confession #1 It really wasn't a typo. My 2 1/2 year old is a sponge these days. Last week, my daughter, my dog and I were going outside to play and the dog was hopping around like crazy because, well, she's crazy. So I threw her frisbee in the yard to get her out of the way & she jumped right up the 5 foot rock retaining wall. I said "holy crap". Guess what the next 2 words out of my daughters mouth were. I'm really watching my language now

When my daughter was about that age, we were looking out the window and our dog ran by. She said, "Where the hell does he think he's going?!" To which her dad replied, "Wonder where the hell she got that from." You definitely have to be careful, everything will be repeated, many times, at the most inopportune moments.

It's funny how moments like that stand out in my memory. She's 21 now!

Yep. Told my son we could not stop for ice cream on the way to day care (7:45am) the other day and he stared forlornly out the window. Under his breath, barely audible, I heard, "Dammit."

My language when I'm in the car can be *ahem* salty. When my son was like 3 I was relaying a story to my husband about another idiot driver and my son pipes up, "That guy was a douche, right mom?" I still struggle with my car language and he's 9 now.

That's hilarious!

Daughters aged roughly three and six. Car cut me up. I bit my lip. Youngest one piped up "F*** h***!". I cringed, mortified. About to remonstrate when eldest said "No! You don't say that." Relief swept through me. Then eldest continued, "...You say 'Oh f***ing h***'". Mortification complete.

This made me laugh so hard! The car is the worst place to try to hold your tongue, sometimes it just slips out.

• Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

Sending lots of love your way!
  • <
    My avatar is of the lightsaber I built a couple of weeks ago, HAPPY STAR WARS DAY!

Happy May the 4th to you!!

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Understandedly so. I'm very sorry for what you're going through right now. Prayers for you and your dad

• ShibaEars wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »

Sorry to hear this. Sending positive thoughts your way :smile:

Positive vibes for you and your family!
  • kecmw25 wrote: »
    MrsMizart wrote: »
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    Confession #1 It really wasn't a typo. My 2 1/2 year old is a sponge these days. Last week, my daughter, my dog and I were going outside to play and the dog was hopping around like crazy because, well, she's crazy. So I threw her frisbee in the yard to get her out of the way & she jumped right up the 5 foot rock retaining wall. I said "holy crap". Guess what the next 2 words out of my daughters mouth were. I'm really watching my language now

When my daughter was about that age, we were looking out the window and our dog ran by. She said, "Where the hell does he think he's going?!" To which her dad replied, "Wonder where the hell she got that from." You definitely have to be careful, everything will be repeated, many times, at the most inopportune moments.

It's funny how moments like that stand out in my memory. She's 21 now!

Yep. Told my son we could not stop for ice cream on the way to day care (7:45am) the other day and he stared forlornly out the window. Under his breath, barely audible, I heard, "Dammit."

My language when I'm in the car can be *ahem* salty. When my son was like 3 I was relaying a story to my husband about another idiot driver and my son pipes up, "That guy was a douche, right mom?" I still struggle with my car language and he's 9 now.

That's hilarious!

Daughters aged roughly three and six. Car cut me up. I bit my lip. Youngest one piped up "F*** h***!". I cringed, mortified. About to remonstrate when eldest said "No! You don't say that." Relief swept through me. Then eldest continued, "...You say 'Oh f***ing h***'". Mortification complete.

This made me laugh so hard! The car is the worst place to try to hold your tongue, sometimes it just slips out.

LOVE IT- Thanks for the Monday laugh!
  • @Talkradio so sorry about your Dad. :(
  • @Talkradio so sorry to hear that. I lost my Dad to cancer, so I know how tough it is. Hope he fights it off.
  • There's this place here that sells Chinese pastries and bubble tea, and I crave it all the time. Right now I want one of their red bean paste dumplings and a big almond or coconut bubble tea. But last night I had a dream that I had the best ice cream cone in the history of ice cream cones. I think it was cookies and cream and it rendered me speechless (I literally forgot everything going around me in my dream and just wandered around, confused and eating my ice cream). So if there's something like that around here, I would very much enjoy that.

Ok, so I had to LOL here! Your last post was about not being able to buy something on Modcloth because you weren't using English characters. You made a very funny comment about not using Chinese...fast forward to your next post and it starts with Chinese pastries! Too much funny!

I am so sorry! I hope the surgery goes well and tell him to stay positive. I truly believe a positive attitude helps. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • <
    My avatar is of the lightsaber I built a couple of weeks ago, HAPPY STAR WARS DAY!

I came on this thread at work specifically to say "May the fourth be with you AOJ!". Okay...back to work.
  • Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    I recently changed my activity level to sedentary and I'm given 1700 a day... I admit my logging isn't as tight because I hate seeing I'm in the red! I gotta figure this out!

I wish I was given 1,700 before exercise. That's close to my maintenance amount. The pains of being short...

Mine is closer to 1500 before exercise.
    zbb2dea74trs.gif
    ptx7gjiahox2.gif
    h6v4xe78eggq.gif

I actually just looked it up: MFP gives me 1,200 before exercise and 1,570 to maintain. *cries*

IIFYM gives me 1,370 for exercise 5 days/week (1,411 for 6) and a TDEE of about 1,800. For sedentary, my TDEE is 1,500.

My TDEE is around 1550 to maintain if I'm sedentary. That's why I am so committed to being active, because 1550 is not how I want to eat in maintenance if I can avoid it.

I'm sorry you guys are going through that. Positive thoughts to your family. My mom has had cancer 4 times, so I know how scary it is, even when the prognosis seems to be good.

So sorry! It's so difficult/scary to deal with parental health issues.

I'm so sorry :/

Sending positive thoughts your way that he makes a full recovery.
  • I went over my cals Saturday by *at least* 4,000... used the excuse that it was "the last weekend of my twenties"...

Thing is, Saturday morning I was only 1.6 lbs from my goal weight... and my goal was to be that weight by Wednesday for my birthday :/

Ah well... Still could happen I suppose, but I'll not hold my breath. It was a lovely weekend, though.

Happy Birthday!
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I love when people get into heated "discussions" on these forums, I just sit back and let them go at it and take away the parts I want. The peope I can't handle are the people who throw in their "bullying" comments (and add nothing useful to the discussion about the OP). It's NOT bullying!! People are allowed to disagree and if someone disagrees by calling names and throwing around immature comments then that's STILL NOT BULLYING-- it's just being a huge, immature, a**!!! Rant over :)

Edited for spelling.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Introducing Premium!

A $50/yr you can keep that chit. For real. >_<
  • @orangesmartie - Thanks for sharing! I always wondered how it would work. It sounds like you really work at it and it works for you!
  • m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Introducing Premium!

A $50/yr you can keep that chit. For real. >_<

But you can set custom macros. Which I already have done?