Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    My confession is that i really really want to lose some weight and i know exactly what i need to do to do it but i can never find the motivation to get up and do it. I Just had a baby 2 mnts ago and im the biggest i have ever been in my whole life and i feel like im disgusting my husband(even though im not he tells me how much he loves my body all the time), SO im making a pledge to really do it this time, not only for myself but for my son so i can live a loooong time to see him grow

I initially read this as "2 minutes ago" and my first thought was, wow this gal's really motivated! Lol.

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to MFP... if you take a peek around the boards you'll find tons of posts from very ordinary folks (including new mums) who are successfully losing weight... so YOU CAN DO IT TOO.

Re Autocorrect: For some bizarre reason, every time I started to type "texting" in my phone, one of the suggestions autocorrect would come up with is "rectum". Seriously?? That's a word in common use in texting? (Anyway, the phone has since learned my text habits and no longer suggests that one.)

This type of thing happens to me all the time! I was texting my son that I left something on his "porch" and it changed it to "porcupine". Pretty sure "porch" is a much more common word. Then I used the word "also", which was changed to "silo". Really? Porcupines and silos are used more? Funny, but I am careful to proof read before sending.

Shortly after I started texting, my Mom sent me a text, letting me know she was at the grocery store and, since she was coming over, was there anything I needed. (We don't live near a grocery store) I texted back that I could use a couple pounds of lean ground beef, since it was on sale. It autocorrected to: "Grab me a couple pounds of cigarettes...they are on for $2.99/pound"...which would actually be a steal of a deal for cigarettes. She wanted to know when I took up smoking. (I am the preacher's kid, after all)

Hahahaha that's hilarious! What did your mom say?
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I wasn't suppose to eat cheetos or any crappy food ... but I had Cheetos instead of dinner 2 nights ago and now am beating myself inside the head feeling frustrated because I haven't loss more weight than I thought.... lol
    I use my filthy sweaty gym clothes for up to 2 weeks... as long as the stench is not too aggravating I don't see a reason why not re-use it.... lmao
    I purposely don't log in my food intake on the weekends because I know I TREAT --- OVER TREAT myself :smiley:
  • I had a bag of potato chips for dinner tonight. It was the best dinner, or at least the most emotionally satisfying, I have had in a long time. Once a month, I need, Need, NEED chips.
  • I bought some wrapped chocolate candies at the bulk store. Can't remember the brand name, there is nothing whatsoever on the wrapper... so I'm not logging them, dammit!

Well, technically, I'd have to go back to the bulk store to get the name of them anyway. And that could be dangerous.
  • kecmw25 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

Congrats!!!

CONGRATSSSSS!

• ythannah wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....
    That's horrible! But I can totally relate.

Had something similar happen (to a much lesser degree!) when I was 16 and had to have emergency surgery... as in, saw the doctor at 4 PM and surgery booked for 11 PM that night... my parents brought me to the hospital, provided the insurance info, and left. They told the nurse to call and let them know how my surgery turned out. Their excuse was "We have to get up for work in the morning" but it was really all about not missing any drinking that evening.

I was sexually assaulted by an older male coworker when I was 17 and didn't tell my parents, for fear of hearing negative and unsupportive comments.

I would not say that my parents are uncaring...they would never make rude or hateful comments to me. But, I did learn a lot on how not to be a parent from them. I had my tonsils removed when I was six. My mom drove the 45 minutes to the hospital, stayed while they admitted me, did bloodwork, etc...then went home. She came and picked me up three days later. I do not remember a single time in my life where I was as scared as I was, waking up from that surgery and not knowing anyone.

That's worse... and I'd call that "uncaring"... or, at the very least, unempathetic. At least I was a bit older and had some comprehension of what was going on (I was still scared, though)... you were SIX!

I hope the nurses were really, really nice to make up for the lack of maternal involvement.

+1
  • fitfatty88 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @HollandOats - I do tartar sauce on my fries, and that's basically just mayo with pickles and extra salt. And I use a 1:1 ratio of tartar to fry. Restaurants always look at me crazy but it's super delicious.

I much prefer tartar sauce on my fries! YUM!

I put ranch on my fries, and on pizza, cheeseburgers...never on salads. I use Italian dressing on salads, or sometimes zero dressing and just eat the vegetables.

Yessss. Ranch is the BEST. I have to be picky about where I get it from though because a lot of places throw MSG in it (Hidden Valley, Wishbone, etc...). There's a place in Northeast Ohio called Yours Truly that makes their own and it's so so good. The best/worst combo is ranch with Notso fries smoootherrreddd in cheese, bacon, and sour cream.

yours-truly-restaurant.jpg

That looks like my kind of food right there. I'm actually glad it is so far away from me haha.
  • My sister always wore trash bags....haha works great
  • I'm in the middle of finals, so I'm not really reading or responding. But good luck to all! Have an awesome week.
  • Also the childhood stories I did read were heartbreaking. <3
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I had some Nutella today and someone brought in some Cheetos. I really regret not waiting to eat the Nutella until then, seems like such a great combination. :disappointed:
  • It's late and I'm not hungry but I feel like I should eat something, so I'm considering having tea and cookies for dinner.
  • nonoelmo wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

Congrats!!!!

Congratulations! Woo hoo!
  • peleroja wrote: »

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I make coffee ice cubes so I can drink it immediately, without the sad dilution side effect!

This is brilliant
  • 81Katz wrote: »
    I like Arby's Horsey sauce on their curly fries. :blush:

When I was a kid I would go to Arby's and get a roast beef sandwich and load it up with horseradish sauce. LOVE IT.
  • @HollandOats - I do tartar sauce on my fries, and that's basically just mayo with pickles and extra salt. And I use a 1:1 ratio of tartar to fry. Restaurants always look at me crazy but it's super delicious.

I do this too. In seafood restaurants will order fries with extra tartar sauce. I use the fries to scoop the tartar sauce into my mouth essentially. :)
  • ythannah wrote: »
    Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....
    That's horrible! But I can totally relate.

Had something similar happen (to a much lesser degree!) when I was 16 and had to have emergency surgery... as in, saw the doctor at 4 PM and surgery booked for 11 PM that night... my parents brought me to the hospital, provided the insurance info, and left. They told the nurse to call and let them know how my surgery turned out. Their excuse was "We have to get up for work in the morning" but it was really all about not missing any drinking that evening.

I was sexually assaulted by an older male coworker when I was 17 and didn't tell my parents, for fear of hearing negative and unsupportive comments.

I can relate to that because my mother did that to me! I was about 13 and was vomiting all day and in a lot of pain. A friend had slept over the night before, and by morning when she was leaving I headed over to the ER. My mother checked me in, and then left. I spent hours and hours in an ER room, puking my brains out and passing out over and over. The surgeon said I needed my appendix out, but they could not find my parents to sign the surgery consent. This was the mid 80's so before cell phones etc. My friend that had slept over stopped in with her mom that evening because they had been calling the house and could not get anyone so they came to the ER to see if I was still there. I vaguely remember seeing them between passing out. My friend's mother lost her mind when she realized I was there alone and that they hospital could not find my parents. She actually went out and hunted them down on her own. They were out at a restaurant having dinner. My father had come home from work, and my mother did not even tell him I was at the hospital or anything. I remember the DR reaming her out, and her excuse was that she was diabetic and needed dinner. REALLY? Grab a sandwich, wtf. Not only that, but she was gone for hours and hours before that.

Because they had to wait so long, my appendix burst while they were taking it out, I ended up in hospital for three weeks with a nasty infection and my scar is HUGE! My mother was a complete asshat. That is one of the lesser things she did to me......

These stories are so sad. I didn't have a great relationship with my mom (and dad to some extent) and they affected my entire life but so many of these are flat out abuse and make angry. I am not a hugging person but hugs to all!
  • crosbylee wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    These last few days of being sad have been pretty revealing about my unhealthy relationship with food... I just want to eat until I don't feel anything but full. The lifelong habit of medicating with food is lurking around me. I didn't log the last couple of days, and I know I probably ate over maintenance, but I'm happy that I managed to avoid sitting on the couch and eating bags (plural...) of chips and cookies.

Back on track today. Even if everything else is haywire, I am going to be kind to myself and not eat until I feel sick.

This is something I am currently going through myself. My MIL is very ill and it looks like they may not be able to do anything for her. I am close to her as I lost my own mom when I was 26. So I am somewhat self medicating with food and trying to stop myself from doing that at the same time. I didn't log at all yesterday, but I am trying to do better today and deal with the emotions another.

I am struggling with this myself over my horse. While that may not seem as sad and traumatic as a human this guy is the love of my life. I am just grateful I can spend some quality time with him in the last few weeks of his life. I am grazing him right now. But when I leave I will want to eat and drink to fill the sad places. Some days I resist. And some I don't then have that guilt and disgust with myself to deal with too. But I think we have to forgive ourselves and just keep moving forward. I do believe in the phrase that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
  • Yay over 400 posts to catch up on haha... there goes the next couple of hours :joy:
  • Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm one of those people who take selfies and post them on Facebook now. Scary thought.

Loving the new picture!