Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• 81Katz wrote: »
    I play with my dingy sometimes.

3200296486_0c73fd9ce4.jpg

That's exactly what I thought, too.
  • ShibaEars wrote: »
    All these posts about bad parenting make me want to go home and hug my parents.

Me too!
  • I use Heinz English Salad Cream pretty much anywhere mayo would be appropriate. Love the stuff, pay a goofy price for it, and always have a bottle in the fridge.
  • Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @HollandOats - I do tartar sauce on my fries, and that's basically just mayo with pickles and extra salt. And I use a 1:1 ratio of tartar to fry. Restaurants always look at me crazy but it's super delicious.

I much prefer tartar sauce on my fries! YUM!

I put ranch on my fries, and on pizza, cheeseburgers...never on salads. I use Italian dressing on salads, or sometimes zero dressing and just eat the vegetables.

Yessss. Ranch is the BEST. I have to be picky about where I get it from though because a lot of places throw MSG in it (Hidden Valley, Wishbone, etc...). There's a place in Northeast Ohio called Yours Truly that makes their own and it's so so good. The best/worst combo is ranch with Notso fries smoootherrreddd in cheese, bacon, and sour cream.

yours-truly-restaurant.jpg
  • ythannah wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I still beat myself up regularly for all the ways I feel like I've failed my children. Whenever they have an issue or a problem I immediately think about what I could've done differently or should have not done or said, but they DO know I love them and I'm their biggest fan in spite of my faults and shortcomings. I cannot comprehend the way some parents treat their own children. That's where my ranting about "don't have kids unless you really want to!" comes to play. Some people are not meant to be parents, but they don't think it out ahead of time.

In reality, you've probably never "failed" your children :)

The bold part is what's really important.

Thank you! I wrote that post in response to feeling so angry about all the terrible things others here have gone through with their parents. I hope it wasn't perceived as I was looking for credit or validation. It wasn't about me (although I do appreciate the responses). And after reading those terrible experiences I feel foolish for whining about my own life.
  • ythannah wrote: »
    I still beat myself up regularly for all the ways I feel like I've failed my children. Whenever they have an issue or a problem I immediately think about what I could've done differently or should have not done or said, but they DO know I love them and I'm their biggest fan in spite of my faults and shortcomings. I cannot comprehend the way some parents treat their own children. That's where my ranting about "don't have kids unless you really want to!" comes to play. Some people are not meant to be parents, but they don't think it out ahead of time.

Agreed 100%. Again I work in child support so daily I deal with people who definitely should never ever procreate BUUUUUT they do. It's sad honestly.
    I like Arby's Horsey sauce on their curly fries. :blush:

Oh, yeah, forgot about that! Haven't eaten carbs for a while, but I used to like that combo and then McDonald's fries with bbq sauce.
  • m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I will use the same k-cup 2-3 times. lol

Worst confession I've read here, ewwwwwww. I loathe weak coffee...I'm the one who likes the cup from the bottom of the french press that's practically strong enough to stand up on its own.

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I thought I was the only person who did this! I can down a 16 oz. coffee in under 5 minutes...it is the fastest way to get the caffeine in, without actually injecting it!

I got tired of the whole coffee thing. Felt like it was more work than it was worth and I don't like it hot so I would drink 2, 3, 4 day old coffee. I started taking half a 5 Hour Energy in the morning and half in the afternoon and it works much better for me.

RE: 5 Hour Energy:

You can buy B Vitamin Complex in liquid form from any vitamin shoppe (I think mine are from Puritan's Pride) and it comes with a dropper, you drop a measure of the liquid under your tongue. It's like ultra-concentrated 5 Hour Energy, for a much lower cost per use. And I can attest, when my butt is dragging, and I drop a double dose under my tongue, I am perked up within the half hour! (Those 5 hour energies can get expensive).

I hardly ever need them but when I do (Dos Equis commercial), I get them from Dollar Tree. 5-HE are crazy expensive!!!

Hahaha! Nice reference! Also, congrats on the recent weight loss! I wanted to comment on your post a few pages back but I always seem to be scrambling to keep pace here.
  • Just_Ceci wrote: »
    @HollandOats - I do tartar sauce on my fries, and that's basically just mayo with pickles and extra salt. And I use a 1:1 ratio of tartar to fry. Restaurants always look at me crazy but it's super delicious.

I put ranch on my fries, and on pizza, cheeseburgers...never on salads. I use Italian dressing on salads, or sometimes zero dressing and just eat the vegetables.

Whenever I'm overseas (so not at home in Germany) people always look at me when I put mayo on my fries. Here, almost everybody does that. When you order 'fries red/white' you get it with mayo and ketchup. When I was younger there was one brand that sold mayo and ketchup together in one bottle, swirled the way multi-colored toothpaste is.
  • Tomorrow I will be in training all day. This makes me sad for 3 reasons.

1. I have no idea what we'll be served for lunch so I can't log it accurately.
    2. I won't be able to be on here at all.
    3. Since I do my HIIT at my office, I'll be missing tomorrow's workout.

I am, however, looking forward to being out of the office for the day and getting paid for it, also...FREE LUNCH!!! B)
  • dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Whenever I'm overseas (so not at home in Germany) people always look at me when I put mayo on my fries. Here, almost everybody does that. When you order 'fries red/white' you get it with mayo and ketchup. When I was younger there was one brand that sold mayo and ketchup together in one bottle, swirled the way multi-colored toothpaste is.

That sounds delish.

I like mayo with Belgian fries and they do that at a few restaurants here. TBH I'm not a big ketchup person. They say like 98% of American homes have ketchup, but I'm not one of them. Ranch, Just Mayo, BBQ Sauce and Sriracha. That's all I need.
  • MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tomorrow I will be in training all day. This makes me sad for 3 reasons.

I am, however, looking forward to being out of the office for the day and getting paid for it, also...FREE LUNCH!!! B)

Cute Avatar
  • dearmrsowl wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

My daughter LOVES mayo on her fries. Especially when we go to Chick-Fil-A. I am a ranch, honey mustard (not yellow mustard), or ketchup person. In high school, I used to dip my McDonald's fries in honey. It was SO good! Now, on the rare occasion we eat there, I opt for their sweet & sour sauce. :)

• I love dipping my steak in ranch dressing :)
  • bkhamill wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tomorrow I will be in training all day. This makes me sad for 3 reasons.

Cute Avatar

Thanks! It is pretty much my personality. I DON'T SHARE CAKE!

I play with my dingy sometimes.

3200296486_0c73fd9ce4.jpg

That's exactly what I thought, too.

Here's another confession: I often reference movie quotes to go along with my truths.
  • peleroja wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I will use the same k-cup 2-3 times. lol

Worst confession I've read here, ewwwwwww. I loathe weak coffee...I'm the one who likes the cup from the bottom of the french press that's practically strong enough to stand up on its own.

But that leads to a confession that I do put a splash of cold water in my super-strong coffee to cool it down for maximum immediate gulbability, and that grosses most people out too.

I am such a wuss with hot foods/drinks so sometimes if I want to drink my tea sooner I will add in an ice cube or two. Otherwise I have to wait like 15 minutes to be able to sip it.
  • peleroja wrote: »

I make coffee ice cubes so I can drink it immediately, without the sad dilution side effect!

oh my goodness, I need to start doing this with my tea immediately!
  • Using MFP made me realize (though I already knew) that I was eating mayonnaise on something EVERY DAY. I do love mayonnaise, but at 90 calories a tbsp, my love was becoming a roadblock... I can't even keep it moderate, because I like LOTS of mayo... like, I put mayo on both pieces of bread before I even put my chicken salad (made with mayo) on...

So, alas.. I've mostly cut mayo out altogether, saving it for when I have my cheeseburger every other week or so... And I've taken a shine to mashing and spreading half an avocado onto my sandwiches instead. Sure, it has more calories in the quantity I use it, but it's more satiating and actually nutritious... and the consistency is just right for getting my "fatty creamy topping" fix.

And on cheeseburger day, when they bring me a little cup with at least two tbsp of the white stuff in it for my burger, I totally reserve some so I can dip my fries in it, too. Did I mention I love mayo?

I love mayo too! Sometimes when I'm making sandwiches for the family, I will take a piece of bread spread a thick layer of mayo on it and eat that while I'm making sandwiches. Mayo on fries! Yum!
  • LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

Agreed 100%. Again I work in child support so daily I deal with people who definitely should never ever procreate BUUUUUT they do. It's sad honestly.

Oh, I know. Bless you! I know someone here that works in child support and how you get through every day and not kill someone is beyond me!