Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• Lois_1989 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I confess I felt really old walking up to the Mastodon/Clutch show at Red Rocks on Sunday night....with a freakin Starbucks & not a 2 liter filled with Beam & Diet. Wooooo partay

They still going? It could be because I'm in England, but I haven't heard anything from these bands in AGES! Or maybe I'm out of touch... I'm probably out of touch. lol

That's what I was thinking? Mastodon...that's a freakin' blast from my past. LOL
  • m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    So after logging my food on Sat and was like 4k over in sodium, I look into the sodium thing a bit more and was reading that once you reach your DRI, a mere 400mg of sodium can add 2 lbs of water weight. Whoa!

I've managed to lose 16 lbs in the past 30 days. Impressive. And it's not due to shortcutting or making bad-for-me choices. Just a ton of bike riding. The clothes that were so snug finally have some give.

I must have really procrastinated starting to diet in 2014 cuz I am 25lbs lighter than I was this exact time last year. w00t!

DRI?
  • Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I confess I felt really old walking up to the Mastodon/Clutch show at Red Rocks on Sunday night....with a freakin Starbucks & not a 2 liter filled with Beam & Diet. Wooooo partay

They still going? It could be because I'm in England, but I haven't heard anything from these bands in AGES! Or maybe I'm out of touch... I'm probably out of touch. lol
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

That's what I was thinking? Mastodon...that's a freakin' blast from my past. LOL

You should check out their new one, "Once More Round the Sun" ... it's not as hardcore as their earlier stuff (some are b*tching that it's too radio friendly) but it's got some great riffage.

• Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

Horrible news. He, and you, are in our thoughts.
  • The first time I lost the weight - or, at least, 35 of the 60 pounds I wanted to lose - I lost the first 18 pounds by pretty much only drinking chocolate milk. It was the middle of summer, and heat makes me lose my appetite, so I was drinking about 4-7 cups of chocolate milk a day and eating about one meal a day. I wouldn't do it again, but it gave me a great head start, and I kept the weight off for two years (until I had surgery and couldn't work out for several weeks).
    So after logging my food on Sat and was like 4k over in sodium, I look into the sodium thing a bit more and was reading that once you reach your DRI, a mere 400mg of sodium can add 2 lbs of water weight. Whoa!

I've managed to lose 16 lbs in the past 30 days. Impressive. And it's not due to shortcutting or making bad-for-me choices. Just a ton of bike riding. The clothes that were so snug finally have some give.

I must have really procrastinated starting to diet in 2014 cuz I am 25lbs lighter than I was this exact time last year. w00t!

DRI?

Sorry... daily recommended intake. (which I think is around 2,400mg for sodium)
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

DRI?

Sorry... daily recommended intake. (which I think is around 2,400mg for sodium)

Ah, not enough coffee in me yet apparently. I should have been able to figure that one out for myself...
  • The first time I lost the weight - or, at least, 35 of the 60 pounds I wanted to lose - I lost the first 18 pounds by pretty much only drinking chocolate milk. It was the middle of summer, and heat makes me lose my appetite, so I was drinking about 4-7 cups of chocolate milk a day and eating about one meal a day. I wouldn't do it again, but it gave me a great head start, and I kept the weight off for two years (until I had surgery and couldn't work out for several weeks).

Mmm, sounds like a delicious program. Maybe you should write a book and make millions. LOL
  • spamarie wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

Congrats!!!

• I over eat & then run to the gym and Burn off 1400 calories. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    The first time I lost the weight - or, at least, 35 of the 60 pounds I wanted to lose - I lost the first 18 pounds by pretty much only drinking chocolate milk. It was the middle of summer, and heat makes me lose my appetite, so I was drinking about 4-7 cups of chocolate milk a day and eating about one meal a day. I wouldn't do it again, but it gave me a great head start, and I kept the weight off for two years (until I had surgery and couldn't work out for several weeks).

I was a chubby high school kid. Not obese, but just generally out of shape & chubby.

I left home at 19. The first time I lost weight (when I was 20), I switched to Diet Coke & drank it all day. The only thing I ate was exactly 1 turkey & cheese sandwich on wheat for lunch at about noon, went home after work & worked out for an hour, and drank a 6 pack of Bud Light tall boys at night.

Every day for 3 months.

I lost 45 lbs (210 - 165), and then started eating normally & became a bit of a gym rat.

Not exactly the best diet plan, but it worked!

(EDIT: Just for fun, went and worked out the calories - about 1,000 a day.)

• Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....
    That's horrible! But I can totally relate.

Had something similar happen (to a much lesser degree!) when I was 16 and had to have emergency surgery... as in, saw the doctor at 4 PM and surgery booked for 11 PM that night... my parents brought me to the hospital, provided the insurance info, and left. They told the nurse to call and let them know how my surgery turned out. Their excuse was "We have to get up for work in the morning" but it was really all about not missing any drinking that evening.

I was sexually assaulted by an older male coworker when I was 17 and didn't tell my parents, for fear of hearing negative and unsupportive comments.
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

Congrats!!!
  • I over eat & then run to the gym and Burn off 1400 calories. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No judgment, but I seriously doubt you are burning off 1400 calories unless you're doing a half-marathon on the treadmill or something. Gym machines, ellipticals, treadmills, etc, are notoriously high on their "calories burned' that they show. I don't use their numbers, cuz there is no way I burned 700 calories on the elliptical for 40 minutes.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    ythannah wrote: »
    Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....

Had something similar happen (to a much lesser degree!) when I was 16 and had to have emergency surgery... as in, saw the doctor at 4 PM and surgery booked for 11 PM that night... my parents brought me to the hospital, provided the insurance info, and left. They told the nurse to call and let them know how my surgery turned out. Their excuse was "We have to get up for work in the morning" but it was really all about not missing any drinking that evening.

I was sexually assaulted by an older male coworker when I was 17 and didn't tell my parents, for fear of hearing negative and unsupportive comments.

I. Am. Speechless. That is terrible, and I can't imagine a parent doing that. So sorry you had to go through that.
  • Confession: 8:30 and I am already bored at work. This is gonna be a loooong day.

Mazel Tov!!

Congratulations! :)

• Unknown
    edited May 2015
    ythannah wrote: »
    Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....

That's terrible! You seem remarkably well put together for someone who has had to deal with such awful things.

No judgment, but I seriously doubt you are burning off 1400 calories unless you're doing a half-marathon on the treadmill or something. Gym machines, elliptical, treadmills, etc, are notoriously high on their "calories burned' that they show. I don't use their numbers, cuz there is no way I burned 700 calories on the elliptical for 40 minutes.

Actually mine is accurate, because I am losing weight. It takes about 90 minutes to burn 1400 cal's. I work out REALLY Hard. So Yes my cal's are accurate.