Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

So I thought maybe we could all use this to get something off of our chests. Confess to anything pertaining to your weight loss journey, it may even be a helpful tip for others! :)'

Please please PLEASEEEE refrain from being mean. :)

Here goes it!

I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day.
Yeah it's not as sophisticated as a Wrap or Those belly wrap things but honestly I like it better. It covers my whole upper body besides my neck, head, and arms. Maybe one of you do the same thing :P

Replies

• Oh btw, for anyone wondering. I got a job offer this morning. It's going to be amazing walking out of this place in a couple of weeks with my paycheck, and 100 hours of vacation time in a check too. WOOT WOOT

I skipped through a ridiculous number of posts--speaking of which, confession, I haven't managed to read every post in this thread!--so missed this before. Congratulations!

• Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm one of those people who take selfies and post them on Facebook now. Scary thought.

I can't manage to take a decent selfie! I was all set to do so (and post it on Facebook) after my race on Saturday, but could only get a head and shoulders shot and that didn't really work for my purposes. Next time I'm learning to use my phone camera in advance!
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    I recently changed my activity level to sedentary and I'm given 1700 a day... I admit my logging isn't as tight because I hate seeing I'm in the red! I gotta figure this out!

I wish I was given 1,700 before exercise. That's close to my maintenance amount. The pains of being short...

Mine is closer to 1500 before exercise.
    zbb2dea74trs.gif
    ptx7gjiahox2.gif
    h6v4xe78eggq.gif

I actually just looked it up: MFP gives me 1,200 before exercise and 1,570 to maintain. *cries*

IIFYM gives me 1,370 for exercise 5 days/week (1,411 for 6) and a TDEE of about 1,800. For sedentary, my TDEE is 1,500.
  • the amount of beer i drink some weekends sets me back a week

Happens to me too! I find that I'm much better if I log my drinks as I'm drinking, so I see the numbers change. Sometimes I workout so I can drink and be under my calories for the day.
  • I went over my cals Saturday by *at least* 4,000... used the excuse that it was "the last weekend of my twenties"...

Thing is, Saturday morning I was only 1.6 lbs from my goal weight... and my goal was to be that weight by Wednesday for my birthday :/

Ah well... Still could happen I suppose, but I'll not hold my breath. It was a lovely weekend, though.
    Almost yelled 'take your screaming kids out' during the movie. Get a babysitter, people.

This would piss me off

I go to the movies a lot, like at times almost weekly, and I always try and go on off peak times because people piss me off lol

In other news:

IT'S FIGHT NIGHT and I am so excited I have been trying to sleep off and on since last night and barely can......I am the crazy person heading to the bar SEVEN hours before the main event to make sure I get a good seat!!

#TEAMPACMAN

Have a good night everyone!!

What a sh*tstorm.

How convenient that he had a shoulder injury, but failed to let anyone know before MOUNTAINS of money was bet on him?

I watched tons of boxing in the 80s & 90s...you know, when there were these things called "knockdowns" and "knockouts"

I'll never watch another fight. All hype, no substance. Mayweather is now 48-0 (not including the 3 women, I assume) and he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag. He just runs, clutches & grabs. Pathetic.

• Unknown
    edited May 2015
    doublepost
  • I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(
  • <
    My avatar is of the lightsaber I built a couple of weeks ago, HAPPY STAR WARS DAY!

MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU ALL!
  • ythannah wrote: »
    My confession is that i really really want to lose some weight and i know exactly what i need to do to do it but i can never find the motivation to get up and do it. I Just had a baby 2 mnts ago and im the biggest i have ever been in my whole life and i feel like im disgusting my husband(even though im not he tells me how much he loves my body all the time), SO im making a pledge to really do it this time, not only for myself but for my son so i can live a loooong time to see him grow

I initially read this as "2 minutes ago" and my first thought was, wow this gal's really motivated! Lol.

Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to MFP... if you take a peek around the boards you'll find tons of posts from very ordinary folks (including new mums) who are successfully losing weight... so YOU CAN DO IT TOO.

Re Autocorrect: For some bizarre reason, every time I started to type "texting" in my phone, one of the suggestions autocorrect would come up with is "rectum". Seriously?? That's a word in common use in texting? (Anyway, the phone has since learned my text habits and no longer suggests that one.)

This type of thing happens to me all the time! I was texting my son that I left something on his "porch" and it changed it to "porcupine". Pretty sure "porch" is a much more common word. Then I used the word "also", which was changed to "silo". Really? Porcupines and silos are used more? Funny, but I am careful to proof read before sending.
  • Oh btw, for anyone wondering. I got a job offer this morning. It's going to be amazing walking out of this place in a couple of weeks with my paycheck, and 100 hours of vacation time in a check too. WOOT WOOT

A little behind, but WOOHOO! Congratulations!!
  • Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

I'm sorry :( Best wishes for his surgery.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    @Q^@^ forum.

Oof. Sorry to hear it. Cancer sucks. I hope the surgery is successful.

Sorry to hear this. Sending positive thoughts your way :smile:
  • pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    caddir wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    And luckily, she always offers the uneaten bits to our boyfriend first, and he rarely says no, so I don't embarrass myself with a hoover impression (however much i might want to).

Is this a typo or a reference to some boyfriend-sharing scheme? Like, are you confessing to being a member of a harem? Lol.

not a typo. We are a closed polyamorous triad. Wasn't intended to be a confession lol. Definitely not a harem. The first line of my post references my girlfriend.

Good for you coming out on a site like this. I was part of a triad once, for a little while and it didn't work for me, but I know some people who are really happy. Honesty is the key thing. :smiley:

My cousin is in a very long term polyamorous triad but had apparently tried to keep it quiet from the family (who tend towards the religious). Funniest conversation I ever had was with him. By way of background, my whole extended family is in the USA, I was born and grew up in Australia. In 2009 I went to the States for a year and caught up with the family. Said cousin picked me up from his mum's house where I was staying and we were driving up to his place. In the car on the way:

Him: So, I've spoken with the girls and we decided that we could let you in on something. Xxxx is not really yyyy and my flatmate, we're all in a relationship and have been for a really long time.

Me: .... yeah, I know.

Him: WHAT? How did you know?

Me: My mum told me.

Him: How the heck does your mom know????

Me: Your mum told her!

Him: MY MOM DOESN'T KNOW!!!??

Me: Dude... I'm from halfway around the world and even *I* knew. it's cool. No one cares.

I confess I am fascinated by this. I have many questions. I shall refrain.

About polyamory? Feel free, or privately if you'd prefer

Ok here goes. So do you all live together? And if so do you all have your own room or all share one room/bed or 2 or mix it up? Do you do everything together or is it like today is date night with so and so so the 3rd one stays home. And with the s*x is it all 3 or some mixture of two spontaneously or preplanned? I can't imagine this would work for me. I think you would have to be pretty confident in yourself and your partners to do this...all my insecurities would be front and center.

I have read about those guys with lots of wives in different houses but the women don't have a relationship with each other (I don't think). I never met or knew anyone in this kind of a relationship. I imagine girl/girl/guy combinations must be more common than boy/boy/girl.

The guys with lots of wives and where they have no relationship is polygamy and usually driven by religious beliefs (fundamental Mormons; Muslims). Polyamory is not the same thing.

The most common forms of Polyamory are 'hinge' relationships, where A is in a relationship with B, who is in a relationship with C. There is no relationship between A and C, except maybe as friends. In a triad, all of the people are involved with each other. The nature of involvement depends on the individuals.

So for us (and we're considered unusual): we do live together. We live most of the time in 'their ' house in London (where we all work), and weekends in 'my' house in Devon. We split chores according to skills and likes. Finances are individual and we all contribute to bills/group expenses/leisure.

We share a bedroom. In both Houses we have a 9ft bed (single and double together), so we all have space to sleep, and it allows for different mattress preferences. We have found we don't like sleeping apart, it's feels weird. So even in hotels we'll rearrange the beds so they are together. We did have a holiday cottage at new year where one person had to be in a separate room, we all agreed it felt wrong. My girlfriend and I usually take turns to sleep in the middle, she usually has it on weekdays. Because she's last to get up, and I'm in the middle on weekends.

In our relationship there are actually 4 relationship, one between each 'couple", and an overarching relationship between the three of us. We try to balance all of them, because if any one person is off kilter, all the relationships are affected. So each two will spend time doing things together, maybe go out for dinner, or veg out in front of the TV, and the third will indulge in some guilt free me time, it tends to be spontaneous most of the time. But we do have planned in the diary every 3 months couples dinners, because we think it's important that those relationships are nurtured and by planning, they don't get forgotten in the melee of daily life.

We all have our individual hobbies and interests and it's important to us that we all have time for those too, because it's what contributes to us being the people we are.

We have a set dinner once a month as a three. That's a kind of check in, make sure we're all OK, discuss any relationship issues or concerns or anything, before it blows up hugely. Generally we do things as a three, so trips, days out, parties , we all do together, we plan things for weekends for all of us.

Sex: (it's what you all really wanna know, right?) sex works in any and all combinations, as twos or three, depending on who is around, awake and in the mood. We have differing levels of sex drive, and different body clocks - my boyfriend and I are night owls, my girlfriend is a lark. She falls asleep early. We're awake. I go to my house one weekend a month on my own (space and time for me and for them - my choice). Sex is a mixture of preplanned and spontaneous (preplanned as in, when we all get home tonight let's go to bed and f?!(@, or someone is out at their club tonight, shall we go to bed!) but it's mostly spontaneous, and mostly the three of us, but no issues if one is not in the mood/tired whatever.

We do all have insecurities and envy (which we define differently to jealousy) and we've learned we need to talk about those things when they arise, don't let them sit and fester until exploding, because by then it will all be out of proportion and dealing with the fall out is draining. Hence why we have preplanned dinners, so no one has to say they have a problem (unless they want to). we work hard on our relationships and have had to learn different communication skills. Listening skills and to be very explicit in saying what we need/want because we need to avoid misinterpretation and miscommunication, most of our big fights boiled down to misunderstandings. Things tend to go downhill when we stop paying attention and take it for granted , which is no different to monogamous relationships.

Feel free to add any follow up questions :)

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Oh btw, for anyone wondering. I got a job offer this morning. It's going to be amazing walking out of this place in a couple of weeks with my paycheck, and 100 hours of vacation time in a check too. WOOT WOOT

Awesome!

Not much of a confession here... I woke up hungry but not wanting to eat anything, and somehow ended up making myself a pizza at 10am, and finishing off with some special K pastry crisps with hazelnut gelato. Should still be in my calories for today though!

Love the new profile pic!

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Try to hang in there and feel free to vent here. Wishing him a speedy recovery!
  • I binged a few times last week and still somehow lost weight. Then I convinced myself that I could do that now, and ate like crap for the past few days. 2 pounds later and I feel so dumb for thinking I could lose weight while eating 500 calories more than I'm supposed to, but at least the weight will come back off.

I also stopped taking my birth control because it was making it harder for me to lose weight. Luckily I don't have any need to be on it as of now, but it still felt a little desperate.

I also only record my weight when it's under the last recording so I don't feel bad about gaining a few pounds every once in a while.

I also don't have a plan of what to do when I reach my goal weight. I want to maintain, but it'll take some experimentation to see how it turns out.

God, I have a lot of confessions...

There are a lot of people on here, myself included, that only record a new low, so you're in good company!

Oh, no. Prayers for your dad!