Unexpected results of weight loss

2»

Replies

• I haven't seen this one in the 23 pages I have made it through -- I enjoy that when I am driving I don't feel sections of my torso/stomach shake when going over bumps.
  • I am down 74 lbs with at least 50 to go. I have noticed that I am no longer cold all the time and sweat a lot more. I tend to be warm at night a lot.
  • acquilla30 wrote: »
    My cheek bones look amazing and one that scared me was I can feel my heart beat in my stomach. I thought something was wrong but my doctor laughed and said it was normal in smaller people.

THATS WHAT THAT IS? I lay on my back down and I can see my hip bones and I can see my heart beat in my stomach. I was going to ask my doctor. I'm still pretty big but smaller than before!!
  • HopHead28 wrote: »
    I haven't seen this one in the 23 pages I have made it through -- I enjoy that when I am driving I don't feel sections of my torso/stomach shake when going over bumps.

Good one! I haven't missed that sensation. :smiley:
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    saylorkw wrote: »
    "Before" I had to make a conscious decision to breath OR tie my shoes. Now I can do both safely without the risk of blacking out!

Amen on this! I have been doing my own pedicures for the first time in AGES. It's saving me a bundle - which I plan to use on new sandals and summer clothes. Being able to reach your feet is awesome!
  • I went to a woman's conference this weekend and had to climb two flights of stairs several time a day to get to my seat. In the past I would have taken the elevator, but I walk the stairs every time and wasn't gasping for breath when I reached the top. Nor did I have to stop because I didn't have the strength to continue to climb. That's what losing 88 lbs did for me ! A huge NSV.
  • Unknown
    edited May 2015
    I'm just shy of 40 pounds down (out of a probable 95 or 100).
    All of a sudden, people biking by are greeting me when I take my dog on the walking path.
  • I am glad I am not the only one that can't wrap my head around this. I have lost almost 60lbs and I still think there is just something wrong with the scale, or that companies are just making clothes bigger. I had to try on a small shirt at express, when just over a year ago I couldn't even fit in their clothes. Also nobody tells you about the emotional moment when you hit your goal then all you can think is "now what?" after all that work, it seems amazing and anti-climactic all at once.