2015 Adopt a Noob Official MFP Thread

Unknown
edited March 2015 in Getting Started
Welcome to the 2015 Adopt-a-Noob Discussion!

This thread is dedicated to those MFP members that would like to volunteer their time to mentor or adopt a new comer to MFP; with the high volume that occurs in the beginning of the year, this will be an easy way for new members to view profiles of members to friend and lean on for advice, guidance or direction.

For those who participated in the Adopt-a-Noob discussion last year - giant thanks for your willingness to give back and support others on their path. If you have recently posted in the original discussion, or volunteered last year and have bandwidth again, please be sure to re-post here. Also a special thanks to @psulemon for owning this discussion the entire last year.

Mentors

We will maintain a list of forum members (in this post) of all the members that would like to become a mentor or volunteer their time. We suggest that you post some background (essentially a short profile) on yourself to give the new members some prior knowledge. If at any time, you want to revise your post, please send an update to @Rachel, @Michelle or @Olivia, and we will alter your original post as soon as we are able.

New members

Please review the short paragraphs of the members and feel free to PM them or send a friend request (you should include a little bit about yourself as many members won't accept blank friend request). Hopefully, you will utilize this as a mentoring tool to increase the chances of success.

Keep in mind, that mentors are NOT obligated to accept new members if they do NOT feel it's a good fit... especially if you PM them with a creepy message or their plate is full.

Thank you for your support!

ps - please follow the rules. All thread hijacking will be followed by a strike as it violates the rules. If you don't understand the rules, please see below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Volunteer's
(MFP Staff will update this section as people throw their hat in to adopt noobs for the new year)

_runnerbean_
3athlt
acnoyes
Adam2k10
agulamali
AJ_G
andy_geek
ankitchadha29
annette_15
AntonioP23
ArchyRunner
bdavis1990
beastcompany
betharin
bigjack69
bjmurphy102
bobsox
Brolympus
Buttercupxxx
caffeinatedbookworm
CAWFEE_TAWK
ChrissyC1985
cklbrown
CyberTone
Daiako
Danielle_Husband
darrensurrey
dc1745
DerekVTX
dinosnopro
donnysoule
editorgrrl
ekuncl
Elise4270
EmmaFitzwilliam
erizzatto
ewhsweets
extraordinary_machine
farfromthetree
findingmyw1ngs
FitFitzy331
foxlme
gamesandgains
GBO323
getskinnykaylen
GettingConfident
girlviernes
gmallan
GothyFaery
gr8tfulm
hassankarimi82
HazelBug1987
Hondo_Man
IamMCM
Jacwhite22
jamessteelapim
JaneECS
Jergia_Peach
jgnatca
jsobole
juliah1234
kbear621
Kendall2006
kimberlyblindsey
kluvit
krisbox2014
Lalalindaloo
lalepepper
LeslieB042812
LetrellC
LolBroScience
loratliff
LosingLaurensWay
lynn_glenmont
merv243
misschoppo
MissD73x
moniquedeanne
MrM27
MsMollyKing
Muddy_Yogi
MyChocolateDiet
narfy88
new_username
nlehe
Panthers89
plm209
prattiger65
PrizePopple
radiosilents
rides4sanity
SativaMad
sazrina
sazzyanne14
Sewilban
Sinistrous
SkimFlatWhite68
soysauce6626
Spartanxi
Steph38878
taylorprice5682
theflyingpelican
themedalist
tjsoccermom
TR0berts
Troutsy
UmmSqueaky
writemusic4him
yogaveg
zoedavid93

Replies

• I'm a bit late on this train, but does anyone want to adopt me? :3
  • Just started MFP and could use some friends to help me get on the right track. :)
  • hello. My name is Ally, I am 33 and I am struggling with my weight for over 15 years. I tried everything out there but unfortunately, I am my worst enemy and always seem to fail due the lack of self esteem. I can move mountains for the loved ones but when it comes to me, I can't do anything for myself... that's why I need support, I need someone who will guide me and listen to me. I can offer support as well. I am a good listener and always happy to make new friends. Thank you
  • Mentor needed please.
    I am 39 currently obese have 2 girls and work full time. I try to gym 3/4 times a week.
    I have pcos too. Need a good kick to keep on track doing this alone is hard, no gym buddy either. If you would like to help i would be grateful....
  • Weight gain mentor needed please :smile:
    I've just started going to the gym this past week because I'm not happy with how I look, I look really underweight, I'm 20 years old 6ft4 and I weigh around 12st4lbs, If anyone could help me with bulking and gaining lean muscle I'd really appreciate it, thank you